• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The WORST Modern Comic Cover Yet???

71 posts in this topic

I am really surprised so many of you like this cover???

I have tried hard to step back and look at it differently but I can't get past the "it sucks" reaction...

I still respect all your opinions but your wrong!!! lol

my wrong?

No, the other guy's wrong. Your wrongs are alright.

Is there ANY modern comic cover that's as bad as this one??? I can not believe that this is the "alternate" cover IDW wants you to spend an additional $3.99 on?!?!?!?!

GIJOE_RealAmericanHero_173_cvrB.jpg

I appreciate the tongue-in-cheek nature of that cover. I think it is intentionally cheesy, and intended to evoke a laugh and a little bit of nostalgia for those that may have collected the action figures.

I appreciate the tongue-in-cheek nature of that cover. I think it is intentionally cheesy, and intended to evoke a laugh and a little bit of nostalgia for those that may have collected the action figures.

I agree. I don't even read GI Joe comics but I would pick this up if I saw it just because I played with those toys as a kid.

It dosen't look like they put too much effort into the creation of it.

They should've let this guy create it.

http://floriantremp.1x.com/gallery

Diorama Photography of Miniature Crimes

Florian Tremp is a Switzerland-based magazine editor and designer by day, self-taught diorama photographer extraordinaire

by night. His amazing 1:87 miniatures depicting scenes from the film "No Country For Small Men" are meticulously staged

as bloody crime scenes, police car chases, CSI investigations, shoot outs, and murders in progress.

Or this guy:

http://www.fighting118th.com/2010/07/22/sdcc-2010-hasbro-g-i-joe-booth-dioramas/

Is there ANY modern comic cover that's as bad as this one??? I can not believe that this is the "alternate" cover IDW wants you to spend an additional $3.99 on?!?!?!?!

I call B.S. on that one.

What's more disturbing is that you bought that book.

I enjoy the Guild web series, and the comics. That Chaykin cover though *shudder*.

I'm not a gamer, but the series is a lot of fun. Felicia Day = Geek Bait. :cloud9:

The variant I bought, while not great, is still much better than the Chaykin.

theguildclaraalt.jpg

I call B.S. on that one.

I would respond if I could track down a cogent thought to respond to. Maybe Tracker could help.

“Photo Cover Month” Comics:

COBRA#8

DOCTOR WHO #12

ETERNAL DESCENT VOL. II, #2

G.I. JOE #8

G.I. JOE: REAL AMERICAN HERO #173

TRANSFORMERS #31

TRANSFORMERS: THE DEATH OF OPTIMUS PRIME

TRUE BLOOD: THE FRENCH QUARTER #5

SNAKE EYES #8

STAR TREK #4

(shrug)

EternalDescentVol2_02_CvrB.jpg

I'm a big G.I. Joe action figure fan and I don't like any of the covers.

1st: The selection of toys is terrible. They should have gone all vintage, or all current figures. If vintage, the best version of each character. If new, the anniversary figures have consistantly gotten better and there are much better versions to use.

2nd: The layouts are boring. They should have took pictures at SDCC. Check these pictures out of the aircraft carrier they had on display. If they would have gotten a professional photographer to take pictures of this diorama, they could have made some really cool covers. 2c

P6110044.jpg

P6110045.jpg