• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giant-Size Spider-Man #4

9 posts in this topic

:hi:

Having a hard time settling on a grade here. Front cover is nice - just a 1/16th" tear in the upper left above "Giant". A little color rub/loss in the "68 Pages Banner", perhaps a spine stress or two. Everything else real nice.

The back cover is another story altogether. In the bottom staple area there has been a ruckus or dust-up of some sort. Little tears and small acts of violence can be seen in the general area.

But it didn't come from the staple on this book because it is firmly set and non-abrasive. Perhaps this book sat on top of another book that had a staple poking through the cover. Perhaps the two bumped into each other and didn't get along?

Regardless, that's all in the past. What is in the here and now is this book that I cannot grade without a little help from my friends.

Thanks in advance (thumbs u

gsasm1.jpg

gsspi4a.jpg

Maybe 8.0. Little fuzzy on the pics there.

Gosh darnit! At 300 dpi what more can I do? 600? I have a HP Scanjet 5550c and there has GOT to be a way to get some better detail. :pullhair:

Help anyone?

Perhaps a new scanner??? :baiting:

Seriously, you don't need to scan at 300 dpi, 200 dpi is fine - that's not the problem. The problem is in your compression. Don't allow the host site to resize your scans - do it yourself first (maintaining the highest quality setting (least compression) and then tell the host site not to resize when uploading. Also, your contrast setting is off. :wishluck: