• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2nd annual CBCA dinner at NYCC 2011

84 posts in this topic

Hi all:

Someone else mentioned in another thread how much more hotel rooms in NYC are this year compared to last.

The same can be said for restaurants.

Last year we were at Virgils and it was around $45/pp all inclusive. The same package this year was $70 and I had to chase the event manager to even get her to respond to my inquiries.

I called about a dozen places within walking distance of the Javitts that could accomodate 25+ people. Next to Chevys, the next least expensive option was $60 per person and it didn't include soft drinks or dessert. Most places were about $70 pp.

I guess the recession must be over in Manhattan.

Anyway, hope to see you there. It'll be good grub, won't break the bank and we'll have some fun talking comics.

:hi:

Looks like fun. I don't think I can make it though. As it stands I am not sure if I am even going to make one day at the con this year. I am still keeping my fingers crossed for Sunday.
You will be missed, Jeannine. :(

Looks like fun. I don't think I can make it though. As it stands I am not sure if I am even going to make one day at the con this year. I am still keeping my fingers crossed for Sunday.
How come you won't miss me? (shrug)

I thought you were coming. (shrug)

Nope, I can only stand NYC once every few years.

NYC thanks you for that.

NYC thanks you for that.

Plus, I'm tired of bringing all those ziploc bags to keep out the bed bugs.