• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men GAMBIT OS price question

21 posts in this topic

I guess same reason asn 252 is worth more than SW 8. No reason that makes any sense?

Nah, i think first appearances in main title runs usually bring in more than first app. or cameos in annuals or off-shoot titles but thats my uneducated guess confused-smiley-013.gif

Because X-Men 266 is his first appearance with a nice cover pic and blurb, while that Annual bit was nothing more than an unintended cameo that somehow beat the regular book to the stands.

I guess same reason asn 252 is worth more than SW 8. No reason that makes any sense?

Except that in that case ASM 252 was out MONTHS before SW 8. Don't let continuity fool you as to what was on the shelves first. SW 8 is something like the 30th appearance of the black costume.

why is X-Men 266 worth more than X-Men Annual 14 in OS guide considering Annual 14 is Gambit's first appearence? confused.gif

thanks in advance, acclaim.gif

pimpy

Because I have a dozen in 9.8,...now shuddap.... mad.gif

well that does it for me, Annual 14 is way under valued in my book. HELL! the art is even better and it has a dark cover. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Or you could look at it the other way and say that #266 is overvalued.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jim

OS 32 has it at $25, i paid $12 for a NM/MT copy along with a Annual 9 for $9 at the WC for Arthur Adams to sign for a CGC signature sub. damn! i'm starting to feel like Alex H. blush.gifCGC 9.6 for below OS guide 893whatthe.gif

And what's so wrong about feeling like me??? grin.gif I think that's a great book to have signed.

More on topic, but I'm surprised the example of Hulk 180 versus 181 hasn't been mentioned as a classic example of 1st full appearance/1st cameo appearance where the full appearance is more expensive.

gambit was in 5 pages as noted in the OS, but that's not considered a cameo appearence. i might also add that if the book was regular sized and not a KING SIZED ANNUAL he would've been in more than a 1/3 of the book. confused-smiley-013.gif