• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid Ohio Con

103 posts in this topic

It's in my backyard... I'll be there! :whee:

Well if it is in your backyard, which must be realllllllllly big, I would hope you would be there. Because I won't want a bunch of strangers in my backyard without me being there. :whistle:

Okay... almost my backyard? Down the street, around the corner? lol

Yeah, Wizard World now runs the show.

I talked to a lot of dealers who were still uncommitted for the show because table prices went through the roof so I wasn't sure what was happening.

one of the best shows will be dead in a couple years. Wish Roger would have kept it. It's obvious the guys who bought the show from him were looking for a quick flip.

I did the show a few years back and it was terrible. You couldve drove two tractor trailers down the isle. I actually read a comic book during the show (Back to Brooklyn, go figure) because it was so slow. That being said, Wizard has been hitting some home runs this year so i figured i would give it another shot.

We are going to set up again this year but at almost DOUBLE the booth fee from last year.......so unless it is a home run......it will be the last time for us at Mid-Ohio.

Too bad really because this was a show I looked forward to each year (as you can tell not really getting my hopes up for a good show).

And when it was in Mansfield OH......in the building that looked like an airplane hangar....good times, good times.....

Man, I haven't been to Mansfield Oh. in almost 24 years. What a fun little town that was when I was a teenager!

I remember coming off the expressway, going up hill past a large park/reception hall on the left just past the service areas.

Man we had some wild times...and there were some wild country back roads through that town. Lots of hills!

I remember coming into Mansfield for one Mid-Ohio Con as my lights on the truck were quickly dimming and as soon as we got off at the Mansfield exit the truck died pulling into a gas station.

After a quick jump start then off to the con to unload.....then after another jump start off to get the alternator replaced before the repair shop closed at noon....then back to the con to sell some comics.....good times, good times....

I remember coming into Mansfield for one Mid-Ohio Con as my lights on the truck were quickly dimming and as soon as we got off at the Mansfield exit the truck died pulling into a gas station.

After a quick jump start then off to the con to unload.....then after another jump start off to get the alternator replaced before the repair shop closed at noon....then back to the con to sell some comics.....good times, good times....

I used to use that gas station to buy beer. We stayed at the hotel there... I think there was a McDonald's across the street, wasn't there?

I used to use that gas station to buy beer. We stayed at the hotel there... I think there was a McDonald's across the street, wasn't there?

I don't remember if there was a McDonald's or not but I do remember the repair shop gouging the price for the alternator since it was a morning rush job....no choice but to bend over and take it.......