• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid Ohio Con

103 posts in this topic

Real shame about what I'm hearing on this show. I've heard from a few local shops that lots of dealers are protesting the show. Something about booth rates being higher if you have higher priced books for sale ($100 or more), and this is on top of the already higher price for booths.

At any rate, I'm going just to get Billy Dee Williams autograph and hopefully enjoy a little chat with him if possible.

Real shame about what I'm hearing on this show. I've heard from a few local shops that lots of dealers are protesting the show. Something about booth rates being higher if you have higher priced books for sale ($100 or more), and this is on top of the already higher price for booths.

At any rate, I'm going just to get Billy Dee Williams autograph and hopefully enjoy a little chat with him if possible.

They will push you through. No camera's or chat.

They will push you through. No camera's or chat.

I hope I can at least chat with him while he signs! I always ask a question about the movies when I get the actors signing and hope it takes him a few minutes to respond/tell a story.

I'm not sure what question or scene to ask about yet... leaning towards asking him if he really wore Han's clothes at the end of ESB.

You won't get Mr. out of your mouth before the book is signed and you're ushered out of the booth. Think of the people behind you.

You can always hope to catch them at a time when the line is short. Though they could do the thing where they only sign when there is a huge line and leave whenever it gets short. So it always seems like they have a long line.

Anyone facilitating this?

GACollectibles

I don't think Andrew is going, Sean - at least that's what he told me over the weekend ...

No, he won't be there, but he is facilitating. It will be easy for him to remote facilitate, due to the strength of his CAW.

GACollectibles

I don't think Andrew is going, Sean - at least that's what he told me over the weekend ...

No, he won't be there, but he is facilitating. It will be easy for him to remote facilitate, due to the strength of his CAW.

Does said CAW get power from his mighty ginger locks?

GACollectibles

And his charming demeanor, quick wit and dazzling knowledge of useless trivia.

GACollectibles

And his charming demeanor, quick wit and dazzling knowledge of useless trivia.

I doubt it :whistle:

Yes, we are a CGC approved Facilitator for this show!

PM with any questions. Except questions about ginger locks, that's beyond my area of expertise.

Yes, we are a CGC approved Facilitator for this show!

PM with any questions. Except questions about ginger locks, that's beyond my area of expertise.

Cool, i can give you that beatin i promised.