• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me...

6 posts in this topic

I just purchased a comic book that is from the UK...

it is titled:

Adventure Comics No~1 featuring Superboy."How Clark Kent met Lois Lane"~(1930's)

(Golden age)

I have no images because it has not arrived. But can anyone tell me if the CGC grade Australian Comics in the US? And what would be the value of this book? It is probably a 5.5 or better from the looks of it. But it would be nice if someone could give me a little advice. Thanks.

emelda_jenkins@yahoo.com

I know that first issue and rare comics sell for high premiums, but I have no info about this comic at all.

Thank you, but I have already seen this site and was not very helpful to me when I looked it over. But thank you for giving it and spending your time in search of the info for me. Please note that the comic I have is original and not a reprint. I wanted to know would I be able to sell such a comic in the US and it be as a collectible.

For what is worth, Comic Base shows the value in NM at $45. In Fine grade, it is about $15.

Reprints cover from Adventure Comics #128, 129 and Colossal Comic #14. Contains stories How Clark Kent Met Lois Lane; The Pupils of the Past; The Treasure Beneath the Lake. Cover date is 2/1/1949

To see what it looks like:

http://www.atomicavenue.com/atomic/IssueDetail.aspx?ID=293507

The "original" that you own is a reprint of Adventure Comics #128. While it is a reprint, it is still the "real deal". It just isn't worth all that much from what I see, but, still would be collectible to some. Anything that you sell can be worth something to someone. You just need to find that someone. There is no way to tell how collectible it would be until you do some research about the book.

From rjpb's second link:

In 1949, Adventure Comics featuring Superboy was launched, but retitled Superboy from issue 6. The series reprinted the US Adventure Comics and Superboy.