• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grimm Fairy Tale Set Requested Fixes

7 posts in this topic

Hi!

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but there seems to be a few things that need tweaked in the GFT set.

First, the same comic is in two slots for issue #50. The same copy of GFT #50 is in as "Haiti Relief" and "Limited Edition".

gf50var.jpg

gf50ha.jpg

Also, the entry for "Grimm Fairy Tales 56 Willsbargains "Virgin" Edition" is the same book as "Grimm Fairy Tales 56 "Nude" Edition". According to Will, there were four covers for this issue. There was a foil cover, a red panty cover , a blue panty cover, and a sketch cover. Looks like it's the red that's labeled as both a virgin and nude cover.

There also seems to be an issue with "Grimm Fairy Tales: Inferno 2 New Dimension Edition". I've got a copy of the book that fits into this slot, but it's actually a ND edition to Inferno #1 and not Inferno #2 as it’s labeled. From everything I've found, there never was a ND edition to Inferno #2. I bought my graded copy off of ND and it looks like they may have submitted a bunch that were labeled as #2’s. I've got a message out to Todd McDevitt at ND to confirm, but I hope the CGC notes might help clear it up as well.

Finally, I'm pretty sure that "Grimm Fairy Tales Annual 1" and "Grimm Fairy Tales 2007 Annual nn" are the same book. From everything I've been able to research on the zenescope site, the annuals started in 2007. Hopefully the CGC notes on the cover art match for these two and it's an easy fix. :wishluck:

Thanks (worship)

It also looks like the Franchesco cover for issue #50 has been labeled two different ways. One just as another cover to the issue without any notation and another with "Variant Cover". The scan of the "Variant Cover" below is not great, but it's in Mongoose01's reg set.

50v.jpg

50.jpg

• Administrator

The first book/image posted was just given the wrong label as that is not an Al Rio cover. The second book is correct. If you can return the first book we can correct the label for you at no charge.

We are still looking into the information provided in your first post and I will let you know once we have an answer for you.

:hi: Gemma

Here's another one that I noticed this week.

Looks like the "Zenescope Exclusive" edition of #55 is already in the registry as a "Variant Cover". I just got two graded that were relabeled as "Limited Editions". I checked and the new ones don't work in the "variant cover" slot.

The new "Limited" label probably makes more sense than the "variant cover". 2c

:hi: Another one to add to the fixes that are needed to the Grimm set...

Grimm Fairy Tales 58 Limited Edition and Grimm Fairy Tales 58 Barnes & Noble Edition are the same book. Have graded copies of each with the different lables that I can scan if needed.

:hi Gemma! Thank you for fixing the slots for the #55 and #58 (worship)

I'm going to try to get scans for all my books as a reference point for the covers. :P

Just to condense, here are the only other items in the Grimm set that I question. Thanks again!

1. Grimm Fairy Tales 2007 Annual nn (looks like there are two slots for this book, the other is Grimm Fairy Tales Annual 1)

2. Grimm Fairy Tales 50 Limited Edition (looks like there are two slots for this book, the other is Grimm Fairy Tales 50 Haiti Relief Cover). I've got this one labeled both ways if you want the scans.

3. Grimm Fairy Tales 56 Willsbargains "Virgin" Edition (looks like there are two slots for this book, the other is Grimm Fairy Tales 56 "Nude" Edition)