• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for these books....

16 posts in this topic

I know these are going to be strange books to be looking for, but hey...these are guilty pleasures. Please email me if anyone knows where I can get these:

Plastic Man # 1 - CGC 9.4

Brave & Bold 63 CGC 9.4

Marvel Super Heroes 20 CGC 9.0 or better

Wonder Woman 200 CGC 9.4

Thanks

Mike

your man bechera has a B&B #63 both slabbed and unslabbed and comiclink has a cgc 9.4 B&B #63.. Greggy might have a MSH #20 in 9.4 (I told u that is a good book). WW #200? Maybe check the next heritage signature auction in March.

Any chance of u posting the scan of the Tec 359 cgc 9.4 owwp?

The Brave and the Bold 63 CGC 9.4 on ComicLink is sorely out of date, as I asked Josh about it months ago. I did pay 10 times guide for a 9.6 from Becharra in San Diego thinking that it was unlikely that there was a better copy. Unfortunatly, I found out that a 9.8 existed. Oh well, that book is still very hard to find in high grade because it does feature Wonder Woman and Supergirl. With respect to the Marverl Super-Heroes 20 CGC 9.4 with white pages that I had graded, I did actually sell it to Bronty for $250. No, I didn't say it just to get you out of my hair! tongue.gif

Well, if I am ever going to deal with the guy again, I think that I will confine myself with the unslabbed books. I bought that book early in the show because I couldn't find much quality DCs. Also, because the Boston collection has so many multiples, it's hard to know if a 9.6 is the best you can get on a DC or there is another higher grade copy that Belcarra has yet to buy from the owner! frown.gif

i know it....he is a tough one to deal with. Rarely comes down in price for the books and charges like 5-10x guide without even thinking about it. But hey if he can get that kind of $ more power to him. The only boston coll book i have is a Cap 110 cgc 9.6 (not purchased from bechera). grin.gif

I know about Bechara. He'll charge 4x or more for a book that is unslabbed.(Harley and Bechera must be the same person, you never see them in the same room at the same time wink.gif } - But then the book comes back a 9.0 or 9.2 and it's a piece of . .....As far as the BB 63 that he has, he can keep it. I will try and find another one. As far as the Detective 359 that Gman so wants me to post, he was only busting your balls George.....it came back a 9.0 - I called Steve Boreck about it (who is extremely friendly and a very good guy) and asked about the grade. There were some indents that took off. One grader actually graded it an 8.5 (hopefully he no longer works there ) -- Thanks for the input.....

yikes! that blows about the Detective 359 coming back a 9.0. mad.gif (glad i passed on it smile.gif )But hey at least u finally have one. Better luck next time. Maybe if he is selling a raw copy then it, u can almost bet it isn't a 9.4????

George,

the way I look at it, I paid $500.00 for the Detective 359 9.0(after grading fees and shipping) and that is ALOT for that book in that grade.....about right for a 9.2 (which is what I thought this would be) - So you did make a smart move by passing, but I really wanted this book and you know how tough it is to grab high grade key DC books. But, after this and the GL 61 that I paid four times guide and came back a 9.2 ( i think that sold for less than $100.00) , I think I am done with Bechera....key books or not, it's too much to spend on unslabbed books that come back with grades that would NEVER get the money that he wants for them.

p.s. I'm done with my temper tantrum, even though I still think you nickel and dime to the extreme..... wink.gifgrin.gif

ok so let's start on a clean slate for the new year. And yes a good decision about Bechera and the unslabbed books at least. And I have managed to talk him down a bit on a few of his slabbed books but still not to the extent that it is within reason at all.

Oh and I am offering good deals on multiple book purchases. Even u would be surprised. grin.gif

I would not give up on Bechara's shiney silver DC bks. If u compare your raw silver DCs w/ your slabbed silver Marvels that already came back 9.2 or 9.4 & u judged them to be equal in quality, u should be happy w/ your purchases. 3 of your collecting buddies may also grade them as high as u. Just b/c cgc thought the Batgirl bk was 9.0 on that specific DAY, does not preclude it from being a 9.2 on another day.

Yeah, that is why odin should shut his trap about this one book. I never whined or cried about the one or two books that I felt were given lower grades because I have gotten more "gifts" on the other end. wink.gif