• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Uncle Scrooge 310. how rare?

40 posts in this topic

I have heard it has the lowest print run of the Uncle Scrooge series. I don't know that it's a fact, just what I read. Would be interesting to know the print run.

DR.X

That is a tough book, but it pops up on eBay from time to time.

There's the usual stew of rumors -- under-ordered, low print run, partially destroyed run, etc. I don't know what's true.

If you are a Rosa completionist, the feature story "The Sign of the Triple Distelfink" has never been reprinted in the USA.

All those BIN prices on eBay right now are too high. (What a shock!)

One seller has been listing those two copies for a long time. Ducks R Us is a very good seller, but even then I think that price is a bit steep.

It's very tough to find. I've always heard that the $6.95 cover price made preorders plummet. I don't know that it is in any smaller supply than 309 (the first $6.95 book). As mentioned, one of the key drivers of demand for the book is that the Rosa story has not been reprinted in English. If you want it, and it's a good Gladstone's luck origin story), you have to get this book.

Fortunately, I stumbled on a lower grade copy with a box the $6.95s for about $1-2 each. Mine has now been signed by Rosa and I can't imagine I'll ever get rid of it.