• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SA Apparrent Small amount of black pen color touch; easy to detect?

2 posts in this topic

I recently bought a raw higher grade early silver age dc key from a person that bought it from a reputable dealer. The book came back 8.0 SA small amount of color touch on spine done with a black ink pen. I held the book in light and didn't really think to examine the spine because the black on the rest of the book looked fine The guy I bought it from did not state that it was restored. When I contacted him about he said that he bought it from the reputable dealer and has had four dealers look at it. He just informed who the dealer was that he bought it from and the book had a label on it that stated vf/nm with no restoration mentioned. Is black ink pen easy to detect on books? I know if the size of the restored area is tiny it can be difficult, but pen will have a distinct texture and a red or silver hue.