• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Discounts?

24 posts in this topic

I hate chat forums for this reason:

After re-reading this thread, I kinda feel like people may think that I was implying using Classics is not a good choice. I am definitely not saying that, I just have personally used Joey and was very happy with the whole procedure.

I may use Classics in the future, and I personally have never heard anything bad about them.

:hi:

I believe if you use Classics Inc, to do any services on your book, you will get a 20% discount when submitted to CGC

So the option in saving/making the most $$ in the long run would be to have books pressed and then submitted through dealer?! To save the 20% and increase grades for books!

I commend chunkybutt for taking the time and going through it to the extent that he did; the only thing I would add is that, in my humble and limited experience with pressing, not all books will benefit from doing so...

I agree with chunky to send the books to Joey for this; take a look at some of the older sales threads and you can get a sense of his experience and confidence that people have in him (his portfolio, I guess).

Be very weary on who you let handle your books, especially high grade. Some dealers and collectors just don't care. My good friend could care less about whether it is a 9.6 or 9.8 and handles books accordingly - he only cares if they present well. Same as my comic dealer - I don't know how many times I went to purchase a book and he grabbed it, threw it on top of his ordering forms, and then put the receipt on top of the stack for me to sign, and handed it back to me as the book was bowing due to the fact that he was only holding it by the corner. Needless to say, I stopped looking for HG books from him,I just go there to buy mid-grades and talk comics.

That's just my 2c - Good luck with your subs!

I will have to talk to my dealer and see how he treats book in general.. So is this "joeypost" that you all are talking about?

My local dealer only offers a 10% discount for CGC so does the 10% from being a free member add up to 20%?

No. If your dealer only offers a 10% discount, a 10% discount is the max you'll get total. And if your dealer's only going to give you a 10% discount (and no shipping discount), you should skip him and do it yourself, and use the CGC website for the 10% discount. No reason to have another pair of hands handle your books if there's nothing in it for you.

So you only get 10% of the 20%?!! So why do Dealers advertise 20% then?

What dealers are advertising 20% off? Have a link? If they advertise 20%, they'd better give it. Any dealer that advertises 20% off (without having to have something else done)would be pretty popular around here, but I haven't heard of this.

i remember reading on here that the best amt per book is to send 30 in at once

i started going through joeypost and haven't had a complaint yet.....waiting for my 1st order of 30 atm from CGC/him

been real happy with some results from pressing and some that were kinda cool that they helped the books.......think joe would agree, 1 book didn't need it but had it done anyways