• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC: Which artists do (Quality) Con Sketches?

54 posts in this topic

To the OP,

My one piece of advice is to have an idea of what characters and what type of sketch you want. Different artists will do a much better job if you tailor the request to their skill and to what you want. I, personally, like to have the artist draw a character that he or she has drawn professionally, in most cases. I know a lot of people like to have their favorite character drawn by anyone. I guess my main point is to really have an overall plan, not just an idea of who you want to get. That will avoid a lot of disappointment.

And, definitely go quality over quantity. Let's say you have a total budget for the entire show of $100. You find one of your favorites and he is charging $25 for a headshot and $100 for full body inked. I would rather take the 1 full body over 4 different headshots.

As for type of sketch, I like to request some type of action. Even if it is a basic as Thor spinning his hammer, you'll be much happier with something dynamic.

with your budget, i would recommend NEAL ADAMS... you can get a pretty nice headsketch for around that... coipel is also in you budget.. you could get something super super sick!.. you could also get a 3/4 FINCH too...