• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA - Shocking

56 posts in this topic

I guess I may be the only person in America that did not enjoy BSG. I thought the show started with tons of promise but faded after the first season. The entire plot of the New Caprica arc troubled me and I had no empathy for any character on the show except for Adama. Apollo was to me aa dishrag of a character and the whole Starbuck death/return stuff gave me a headache.

The show's special effects were tremendous, but about halfway through the show's run (and my wife loved the show so we saw every episode) I was begging for the Imperious Leader to show up in a classic 1970's Base Star, launch a killer force and kill everyone.

Maybe I just missed the show's point. . . (shrug) Maybe I should watch them all again in sequence with no breaks so I don't lose continuity.

I guess I may be the only person in America that did not enjoy BSG. I thought the show started with tons of promise but faded after the first season. The entire plot of the New Caprica arc troubled me and I had no empathy for any character on the show except for Adama. Apollo was to me aa dishrag of a character and the whole Starbuck death/return stuff gave me a headache.

The show's special effects were tremendous, but about halfway through the show's run (and my wife loved the show so we saw every episode) I was begging for the Imperious Leader to show up in a classic 1970's Base Star, launch a killer force and kill everyone.

Maybe I just missed the show's point. . . (shrug) Maybe I should watch them all again in sequence with no breaks so I don't lose continuity.

I loved it, but I totally get the different strokes for different folks thing. If it doesn't grab you, or certain elements interfere with your enjoyment, then it's a waste of time. I remember when ET came out; I thought it was garbage. Watched it again recently; still thought it was garbage. I seem to definitely be in the minority on that one.

BSG though technically a scifi show was more of a soap opera set in space. it had a bit of everything, drama, decent CGI action, great acting and some babes to boot. The quality prob did taper off near the end but its worst episodes was prob better than other TV series's best. I thought the ending was as good as it could be.

For me, it was the best TV series in years regardless of genre (Southland is now looking good too) . Though I will admit that E.J. Olmos as Adama was one of the key reasons I loved it.

I was glad that they ended BSG when they did so Caprica to me is a bit of a sellout.

Just wondering have there been any great TV series with brilliant or satisfying finishes ? (pardon the pun)

I really can't think of one. NYPD, LOST, etc . Im sure there has to be a few out there though.

Just wondering have there been any great TV series with brilliant or satisfying finishes ? (pardon the pun)

I really can't think of one. NYPD, LOST, etc . Im sure there has to be a few out there though.

I posted it earlier but it bears repeating. Of the finales I have seen, BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER really filled the bill. I couldn't think of a better way to end it. :)

I loved it, but I totally get the different strokes for different folks thing. If it doesn't grab you, or certain elements interfere with your enjoyment, then it's a waste of time. I remember when ET came out; I thought it was garbage. Watched it again recently; still thought it was garbage. I seem to definitely be in the minority on that one.

I am in the minority on ET right there with you. Saw it when I was about 13 years old and did not like it then and still have no love for it today.

I posted it earlier but it bears repeating. Of the finales I have seen, BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER really filled the bill. I couldn't think of a better way to end it. :)

I thought that they ended Monk the right way.

I am a few years behind the times. I remember the original BATTLESTAR GALACTICA and watched it but it wasn't as good as say. ST: TOS in my opinion. Basically watched it because of the lack of even decent Sci Fi in those days.

So I noticed CAPRICA was streaming on Netflix and watched a few episodes (tried when it first aired but could not get past the confusion of the nightclub scene). Watched CAPRICA again for a few episodes and it dawned on me the BATTLESTAR GALACTICA connection.

Checked Netflix and BATTLESTAR was also streaming.

Well I will resume CAPRICA but I have to say BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, which I tended to shun based on my early memories of the 1st series, really shocked me.

This is good stuff. Intelligent. Complex without being gimmicky. First rate television and one of the best series I have seen.

I know that to most here this is old news. But I am delighted. I have the entire series to look forward to!

Sweet!!!

PS - I may even try viewing some of the original BATTLESTAR GALACTICA in,light of this revelation. Seeing the initial impetus for the newer series.

Welcome to the 21st Century. :hi::foryou:

One of the best series ever!!! Enjoy, it's a fun ride. Another series which IMO was great was Space: Above and Beyond, good stuff. I think they ended NYPD just right. We now return you to your regularly scheduled chat......................