• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

warped/bent CGC holders

5 posts in this topic

I have personally seen at least 200 CGC holdered books that seemed bent in a convex manner (bent backwards). In these cases, the middle of the back of the spine will have a series of light bends that are clearly visible. Have others seen this problem?

Have seen books in 9.4,9.6 and 9.8 holders with a book that clearly has been damaged by the holdering process.

Sound familiar?

I've personally never seen 200 books that have actually had damaged outer cases like that. I did receive a book a month ago which had a warped inner well because the previous owner must have left it in a heated area which caused it to warp, but I have never seen CGC screw up like this.

Rick,

He's talking about the outer shell being rounded vertically anywhere between 1 (barely perceptible) to 5 degrees (very noticeable) out of parallel. I've seen them, I've bought them, I've got them. Almost all CGC holders have a very slight imperceptible warp to them anyway, but not noticeable at all when vertically stored on a shelf like books. The effect is more noticeable when they are stacked one on top of the other. Every once in a while, you get one that bows noticeably, but certainly NONE I've seen that looks like it in any way compromises the structure of the comic. Most backboards and mylars have the same kind of slight warp.

Also, I've never seen that effect whatsoever on the thicker GoldenAge/SilverAge Annual CGC holders.