• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me grade my Batman #200

11 posts in this topic

This is my first time posting such a request, so onegai shimasu smile.gif (that means, please be kind). I bought this Batman #200 at Wondercon last week. It is overall in very nice shape, with excellent eye appeal. The front cover has only a few stress lines, a couple blunted corners (upper left, lower right), and a scuff at the top near the issue number. However, the back cover has a light book-length crease (you can see where it slightly breaks to color as it passes through the red). The book was marked as a Fine, and priced a bit below that. So what do you think?

473560-200ft.jpg

473560-200ft.jpg.9a99f54ed590b7e715e0087499402d43.jpg

On a book with cover colors like that, it's hard to grade without a huge, hi-res scan. Also, with the back cover crease the way you describe it, we'd need a huge, hi-res scan of that one too.

Ok, I have one, but that only allows 250kb... is that large enough, or would you need even higher resolution?

If you want to use a cheap pay site, you can try www.datazap.net. But Photobucket seems to work OK for most people. Just try to get the scan as close to 250 kb as possible before you upload it, to avoid distortion. Or if you want to email them to me at sbonagof@aol.com, I'll host them for you.

I can see the crease, but can't tell, how sharp it is...

I'd say 6.0 is in the neighborhood. Nice book... I need one.... acclaim.gifcloud9.gif

For what it's worth, Burntboy's Amazing Fantasy #15 is in sweet shape except for a light "subscription crease-like" fold down the front and back. CGC gave it a FN- 5.5. But his book had the crease on the front, not just the back as yours has. You might get a 6.0 if the rest of the book looks great.

Based on description and only what I can see here - I gotta go with F 6.0. I might change that if the better scans were available. Nice comic - I had one and sold it on eBay a few years ago. I don't collect DC comics.

CAL hi.gif