• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a story about the cover to Action Comics #419

9 posts in this topic

...ummm, I'd probably have done the exact reverse of how it was altered, and kept the orignal artwork with no background, made a stat of that, kept the original intact, then placed the stat of the original on the background, whether a new stat or an original stat of the New York skyline, and all of the other paste-ups, but retained maintaining the original artwork in the original condition.

Altering the original is sort of like putting spinner rims on a '67 Mustang.

...ummm, I'd probably have done the exact reverse of how it was altered, and kept the orignal artwork with no background, made a stat of that, kept the original intact, then placed the stat of the original on the background, whether a new stat or an original stat of the New York skyline, and all of the other paste-ups, but retained maintaining the original artwork in the original condition.

I like having the image with the background, however I agree that doing the stat of the Superman and putting it over the photo - as DC did when printing the comic - would be my preference. I would then display them together.

I assumed it was on an overlay all along.

as did I.

That gentleman (David) easily has one of the most impressive CAF pages, IMO

+2. I took it to be an overlay after reading the first blog: altering the art as it was suggested just didn't seem like something a serious collector of original art could make themselves do. Aside from that, I did enjoy reading this and other blogs on the site.