• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New York Comic Con 2011...Now With Pics!

62 posts in this topic

Was a huge cluster *beep*, but I had fun. The layout was much easier to get around this year, but they over sold tickets. So, too effing crowded. Pics to come.

Had fun too, but agree on the insanely overcrowded aspect. Try getting them to sell less tickets though!! :tonofbricks: The only place you could move was in the vintage comic section, which is where I spent most of the day. Looking forward to your pics! (thumbs u

lol I know! The entire show, the comics section was the least crowded. I ventured into the video games/movies areas, and it was a nightmare!

I wonder how the comics folks did? It really did seem kinda empty there...

Every dealer I spoke to said they were having great sales, equal to or better then SDCC.

Ths day was an amazing adventure.

Left Baltimore at 630am, stopped in Jersey for an hour, got to New York around 10. Since I got a press badge I got in super easy. Then...the con. I had brought a friend with me who had never been to New York at all, so she was overwhelmed. Pat and I split once inside the con since I don't really buy stuff at conventions. I spent an hour fitting crowds so I could say hi to people. Somehow, I found almost everyone I wanted to say hey too.

The actual comics section was PACKED. I'm a small person, so I was kidney punching people to move. I don't seem to understand the fascination of standing in the middle of a walkway just shooting the breeze. Really, someone explain it to me. The convention did a great job of expanding, but I was in vain as there were points where you would be stuck in a human traffic jam for 10 minutes.

I only went to the Archie panel cause Dan Parent told me about it. Stan Lee walked right by me while I was in line. Because of that I feel 20% cooler. True facts. The Archie panel was fun, and rather funny. They have a lot of great stuff planned which I'll touch on I'm my blog.

Then we spent another two hours trying to get out of the convention. Yea, two hours just to leave the building.

So after we got free, we went and started drinking. It was fantastic since New York is much easier to tolerate with a buzz. We tried getting to Times Square, but the protest somehow decided it was a grand idea to expand there too. I'm all for protesting but seriously. You're between me and a Toys R Us. Not cool bro. So instead we went and drank more. Then we finally left New York. That's when the real adventure started.

We took a detour in Jersey to get White Castle. We all got sick from it too. Was it worth it? No, but whatever I liked the novelty of eating tiny burgers in a building shaped like a castle. Then we got back on the ol turnpike. And we got pulled over. The cop did not know the speed limit on the turnpike, but let us off with a warning. Nice of him I guess. When asked why we were up there I go "New Yok Comic Con". He looks at my vanity tags and smirks. Yea dude, I'm a huge nerd and don't car who knows. Viva la nerd.

Then we continue driving. We pull over so Pat can puke. He starts walking into the woods, but doesn't get very far as he fell into a river.

Yep.

He's fine.

Eventually we all got home alive. Were all sick, but alive. And that's all that matters.

Pics tomorrow. Dont know when Pats gonna work on his since he's pretty ticked off from the whole day.

That's even better than a Roy Delic comicon story.

I didn't see any mention of a turkey sandwich.

Or jail. :grin:

I haven't eaten Mcdonalds, White Castle, Wendys or BK in 15 years + stories like this just reinforce my self imposed ban. I know its cheap + convenient, but praying to the porcelin god ( or in this case the wood chuck or river imp god) just ain't worth it. :sick:

tried whitecastle for the first time ever in chicago '08 after a night of debauchery in the W hotel bars. PSA - do not eat murder burgers at 2:30am, i repeat, do not eat murder burgers at 2:30am. had the worst nasty arse pickle after taste in my throat the next morning. :sick:

tried whitecastle for the first time ever in chicago '08 after a night of debauchery in the W hotel bars. PSA - do not eat murder burgers at 2:30am, i repeat, do not eat murder burgers at 2:30am. had the worst nasty arse pickle after taste in my throat the next morning. :sick:

Too easy.

Left Baltimore at 630am, stopped in Jersey for an hour, got to New York around 10. Since I got a press badge I got in super easy. Then...the con. I had brought a friend with me who had never been to New York at all, so she was overwhelmed. Pat and I split once inside the con since I don't really buy stuff at conventions. I spent an hour fitting crowds so I could say hi to people. Somehow, I found almost everyone I wanted to say hey too.

The actual comics section was PACKED. I'm a small person, so I was kidney punching people to move. I don't seem to understand the fascination of standing in the middle of a walkway just shooting the breeze. Really, someone explain it to me. The convention did a great job of expanding, but I was in vain as there were points where you would be stuck in a human traffic jam for 10 minutes.

I only went to the Archie panel cause Dan Parent told me about it. Stan Lee walked right by me while I was in line. Because of that I feel 20% cooler. True facts. The Archie panel was fun, and rather funny. They have a lot of great stuff planned which I'll touch on I'm my blog.

Then we spent another two hours trying to get out of the convention. Yea, two hours just to leave the building.

So after we got free, we went and started drinking. It was fantastic since New York is much easier to tolerate with a buzz. We tried getting to Times Square, but the protest somehow decided it was a grand idea to expand there too. I'm all for protesting but seriously. You're between me and a Toys R Us. Not cool bro. So instead we went and drank more. Then we finally left New York. That's when the real adventure started.

We took a detour in Jersey to get White Castle. We all got sick from it too. Was it worth it? No, but whatever I liked the novelty of eating tiny burgers in a building shaped like a castle. Then we got back on the ol turnpike. And we got pulled over. The cop did not know the speed limit on the turnpike, but let us off with a warning. Nice of him I guess. When asked why we were up there I go "New Yok Comic Con". He looks at my vanity tags and smirks. Yea dude, I'm a huge nerd and don't car who knows. Viva la nerd.

Then we continue driving. We pull over so Pat can puke. He starts walking into the woods, but doesn't get very far as he fell into a river.

Yep.

He's fine.

Eventually we all got home alive. Were all sick, but alive. And that's all that matters.

Pics tomorrow. Dont know when Pats gonna work on his since he's pretty ticked off from the whole day.

Who? :baiting:

Was a huge cluster *beep*, but I had fun. The layout was much easier to get around this year, but they over sold tickets. So, too effing crowded. Pics to come.

Edit:

I got mine up, still waiting for Pat. Overall I did have a good time, despite all of us getting sick and Pat falling into a river.

6251586041_9d36040c8a_z.jpg

:o

Is that Fisher Stevens as Banana Wolverine?

Edit:

I got mine up, still waiting for Pat. Overall I did have a good time, despite all of us getting sick and Pat falling into a river.

Whomever he was, he was really amusing.

Edit:

I swear it looks just like him. I ran into him at LAX once.

Fisherstevenstux.jpg

Yep.

He's fine.

I didn't see any mention of a turkey sandwich.

I'm a freaking trail blazer, what can I say?

Edit:

I swear it looks just like him. I ran into him at LAX once.

Fisherstevenstux.jpg

Are you sure that's not Quagmire from Family Guy?

Giggity!