• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2011 - THE GREATEST OF SHOWS

246 posts in this topic

Any one post what the Autograph ticket prices were for, Chris Evans, Clark Gregg, Cobie Smulders and Tom Hiddleston? thanks

information like that is apparently top secret

For Evans & Hiddleston, they were handing out tickets at the Marvel booth at 10 am Saturday morning on a first come, first serve basis. Which was the same time they were handing out tickets to the Miller signing at the Legendary booth.

If you had a ticket, you weren't guaranteed a signature - just a spot in the line.

All the sigs were free (if you managed to get one).

Any one post what the Autograph ticket prices were for, Chris Evans, Clark Gregg, Cobie Smulders and Tom Hiddleston? thanks

information like that is apparently top secret

For Evans & Hiddleston, they were handing out tickets at the Marvel booth at 10 am Saturday morning on a first come, first serve basis. Which was the same time they were handing out tickets to the Miller signing at the Legendary booth.

If you had a ticket, you weren't guaranteed a signature - just a spot in the line.

All the sigs were free (if you managed to get one).

Thanks for the info Mschmidt :hi:

Sweet , free Avenger sigs would have been nice :) Gratz to those that got them.

Hey guys, i just want to let you guys know how awesome Mike is. First i was at the NYCC working at a booth and wasnt able to go into artist ally to get sketches. So i had a friend drop off books for me. Mike went out of his way to make sure he picked every one of them up for me. Then their was a slight mix up. I had Bill Sienkiewicz do daredevil sketch for me. When i went to the cgc booth to close out my invoice, the sketch was missing. I was starting to get a little heated put was staying calm because i was dealing with Mike. I can see he was very upset,and looking through the booth like a mad man for my sketch. He couldnt find it because they were packing up boxes and it might have been packed away. The next morning show starts at 10 am, i get a text from Mike at 10:10 that says "Found it". I was very happy. The fact that he texted me at 10:10, i knew how upset he was over the sketch being misplaced. He made it is priority that morning to find it.

When i was checking it out with Mike we nnoticed that, Bill didnt Sign it. So Mike says dont worry i'll go and get it signed for you.

For those that havent been to the NYCC, its a F'n mad house. The caw's are running around like maniac's, and Mike went out of his way to help me out.

So thank you Mike. You ROCK!!

Yeah, and I think Mike also deserve credit just for putting up with me.

The Frank Miller signature I got was the first signature I had ever gotten on my own, and I was nervous. Real nervous.

Earlier that day I was at the CGC booth and a guy walked up to the booth asking for a witness for a signature he had just gotten. Unfortunately for him, he had the comic in his hand! "Sorry, too late." So then he asked what if the guy tells the witness that he did in fact sign it for him. "Nope"

Back to the Frank Miller sig... what I wanted signed was a CGC 9.8 Wolverine 1 with White pages. I had to crack it out and prep it for just a (chance) at a Frank Miller signature. In order for it to work out I would need to be one of the ones who got one (and) have a CGC rep there as a witness.

It was so crowded and I didn't want slip through the cracks by getting a signature without a CGC rep seeing it. So in retrospect I think I was being kind of a pest trying to make sure someone was there when it was my turn.

Sorry about that Mike!

No worries Sean!

Caws are there to assist as much as we can

And I'd love to take the credit, but it was jon jesper who was orchestrating the whole Miller sign/caw movement. And Joe P was the brains behind it all

But I appreciate your gratitude! Its great to see people get books done

Hey guys, i just want to let you guys know how awesome Mike is. First i was at the NYCC working at a booth and wasnt able to go into artist ally to get sketches. So i had a friend drop off books for me. Mike went out of his way to make sure he picked every one of them up for me. Then their was a slight mix up. I had Bill Sienkiewicz do daredevil sketch for me. When i went to the cgc booth to close out my invoice, the sketch was missing. I was starting to get a little heated put was staying calm because i was dealing with Mike. I can see he was very upset,and looking through the booth like a mad man for my sketch. He couldnt find it because they were packing up boxes and it might have been packed away. The next morning show starts at 10 am, i get a text from Mike at 10:10 that says "Found it". I was very happy. The fact that he texted me at 10:10, i knew how upset he was over the sketch being misplaced. He made it is priority that morning to find it.

When i was checking it out with Mike we noticed that, Bill didnt Sign it. So Mike says dont worry i'll go and get it signed for you.

For those that havent been to the NYCC, its a F'n mad house. The caw's are running around like maniac's, and Mike went out of his way to help me out.

I remember seeing it and asking to look at it and saying, wow nice sketch too bad he didnt sign it!!! lol

Great seeing you again Ant! Cheung didnt get to the sketch but hes taking it home :o

When i was checking it out with Mike we noticed that, Bill didnt Sign it. So Mike says dont worry i'll go and get it signed for you.

I remember seeing it and asking to look at it and saying, wow nice sketch too bad he didnt sign it!!! lol

Great seeing you again Ant! Cheung didnt get to the sketch but hes taking it home :o

hope he's quicker than Lilly, :baiting:

Man, I wish the MegaCon '11 thread was jumping like this one, would have love to put names to faces. Only person from this board that I know is GodofThunder and Par2ch (was just present when he picked up a sketch from Mann @ SuperCon)

Hey everyone

I just want to chime in and say I had a great time at the show. It was awesome to meet and see so many board members in one place. There were many of you whom I've had the pleasure of dealing with and talking to over the years here on the forums and it was a true pleasure to see some familiar faces as well as to finally meet many new ones!

I agree , Great to meet you Raphael and your fellow Canadian friend also a board member I think.

Here is A Group Board photo - Standing in line for J Scott Campbell.

Sorry about the blur I didn't set my camera right for that much distance.

IMG_1635.jpg

the second group photo, the one I was in came out worst ( more Blurry) :(

sorry guys. Better Pics next Time.

Alright here comes some of my covers from NYCC2011.

First up Bob Mcleod

Bob is an excellent Inker in the business and his artwork is just as good.

DareDevil bust with NY skyline.

IMG_1742.jpg

I also seen Bob complete an Amazing full body Doc Ock for another board member.