• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PRICES REDUCED! DEALS! Lotsa Silver slabs & raw - Check it out!

72 posts in this topic

Hey all,

At the approach of my two-year anniversary as a registered boardie, I thought it might finally be time to take the plunge and try my hand at a sales thread.

Unless you’ve been paying attention you probably haven’t noticed me given my modest post count; that said, I’m a near-daily lurker and can confirm I’ve both learned a lot here and been entertained on a regular basis by the likes of seanfingh, DiceX, Greggy, r1970d/VintageComics, TupennyConan, RockMyAmadeus, and the rest of all of you frequent contributors.

As for my credentials, I’ve been buying and selling on eBay since 2001 with perfect feedback but realize that means Jack and Squat here. If anything I can confirm I bought my first book here from Brian/Foolkiller and have since had the pleasure of being the customer of Dale Roberts, mickeyriffhard, MCMiles, kimik, frankbearss, and ft88, among others, and hopefully (if they remember me) they could vouch for me. And I met Voorhees in person at the recent Montreal ComicCon without knowing it, so he can at least confirm I’m a real person and not a shill!

Anyway, on with the show. In this thread I’ll have an array of slabs and lower-to-midgrade affordable raw silver Marvel and DC. Mostly popular titles and nothing too esoteric. I travel regularly between Boston and Montreal so can ship to you from either the U.S. or Canada to get you the most affordable shipping I can – to the U.S. I box everything along the lines of the Heritage Auctions school of packaging, which as a customer I consistently consider among the best; to Canada I’ll go cardboard-reinforced envelope or box based on your preference, given the box could get pricey. I attempt to grade raw books as I would hope they would be graded if I were buying them (fairly).

Shipping to U.S.: $10 for a slab or $5.50 for 1 to 3 raw books; $10 for 4 or more raw books. If for some reason it costs less, naturally I’ll refund the difference. If you would prefer I ship via envelope for raw books to save on shipping, I can do that.

Shipping to Canada: will be actual shipping as calculated from a Montreal postal code and your preference of envelope or box.

:news:Check out page 7 for news on shipping specials and other deals!

Payment: PayPal very preferred but I can do USPS money orders if that’s your bag.

First :takeit: in the thread trumps everything, including PMs and unconfirmed negotiations. During the weekday I may not be able to respond immediately so if anything appeals to you, please don’t hesitate to jump on it via the gremlin!

No probation members/HOS members, etc. – the usual.

Thanks for looking and for your (hopeful!) interest!

Moving on to some raw Avengers. I understand there's some buzz around this series given some kind of movie...?

Avengers 20 - VG/FN. Very solid, nice-presenting copy with cool date stamp.

$18

scan0033.jpg

Avengers 29 - VG-. Looks better than grade but ol' Goliath has suffered some kind of puncture wound on his left pec that is felt throughout the book. Relatively imperceptible when reading it, though!

$8

scan0028.jpg

From the Avengers to the "First Avenger" - a trio of Caps.

Captain America #111 - FN+. Steranko cover! Tough call on this one. Has the structure of a VF save for that small chew on the LRHC, so I'll knock it down 1.5 grades and price accordingly.

$25

scan0001.jpg