• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Article on Investing in Comic Books

101 posts in this topic

There is a cool episode of Risky Business which aired last week. Not sure if anyone outside Ontario or Canada saw it. Basically, it's about an investor that came from the show Dragon's Den matching up people willing to back high risk investment ideas.

The episode can be seen on the Slice Website.

So the couple has the choice of backing Peter Dixon, OS advisor and owner of Paradise Comics, or a motivational speaker planning a big event. They both offer the investors an equally attractive return. The couple chooses the motivational speaker, and the host backs Peter's investment idea.

The concept is for the investment guys to come back to the show 30 days later to see how they did. I've seen and read a lot of these investment articles over the years, mostly out of interest.

But the one thing I really like about this show, and the way this episode chronicled comics as an investment, is that it felt real. They tracked the amount of work and effort, ups and downs, that go into flipping comics.

Bottom line - there is no sure thing.

Props to Peter for the show appearance (brings a nice GA cap to the show and I thought he did very well).