• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for LighthouseComics.com

56 posts in this topic

I'm still waiting for my sets of Ultimate Six and 1602 which were ordered back in September, and which were promised as soon as the runs were completed. I had ordered some other books at that time which were finally received after many emails back and forth. All recent emails and PMs have gone unanswered. I'm not one to carry a grudge, but I have to admit this has annoyed me.

Ultimate Six just ended last week with issue #7 and 1602 #8 came out 2 weeks ago? From what I recall there was a pretty deep discount from cover price, coupled with bound printed matter rate to save on shipping. The guy has gone out of his way to hook up the forumites with discounts that I can't match myself.

Lighthouse has had some problems with : 1) his computer crashing 2) his ebay seller ID f'd with and taken down by an impatient buyer 3) his email flooded with messages yet inaccessible to him ... poor guy has not had a good month

physically and he was never all there mentally tongue.gif

He did come on here and send out a working email address where he can be contacted (jcuster? something or other..Greggy knows it or look up lighthouse's recent posts)

I will say it again and again : Lighthouse is a stand up guy and ALWAYS makes good. He will come through and is all about creating good will and a personal rapport with his customers. I have been dealing with him since I started on eBay in 1998, both selling and buying. If I lived closer to him, I would have personally jumped in there to lend a helping hand and pick up the slack. I would do the same for FlyingDonut, who does live close by. He really needs the FDQ (forum or f'n drama queen) award for all the stuff that has happened to him. He's like the Comic Book counterpart of Job

Mine arived today as well,shipped express.But weren't we supposed to recieve an OPG monthly with them?

I recently sent a pm and a payment for three archives ad haven't even recieved a read message reciept.

Yes, the monthly OCPR is supposed to be enclosed with the annual OS price guide as a sampler for all buyers. Must admit that I went through the OCPR and was much more impressed with it than the first issue which I glanced through at the LCS and immediately put back onto the shelf. thumbsup2.gif

Although the OCPR only focussed on the early SA and selected BA and Modern hot books, it was an eye opener to see the significant jumps in prices for only an 0.2 increment in grade. I guess this is a more accurate reflection of the real marketplace.

Even the market reports seem to be from the bigger dealers as opposed to some of the dealers who I had never even heard of in the big guide.

Only drawback was the lack of any HG prices for any of the GA books. frown.gif

Yes, the monthly OCPR is supposed to be enclosed with the annual OS price guide as a sampler for all buyers.

Gemstone should have bundled them together in some sort of packaging, then. All the local comic shops around me either didn't realize they were supposed to be bundled together or decided they'd prefer to try to get people to buy the OCPRs for cover price even though they got them for free. 893frustrated.gif I got a free OCPR, but I had to make the owner of my LCS feel a little guilty by telling him I knew he got them free and that I knew WHY he got them free. crazy.gif

So does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do?

I keep hearing about how he's a stand-up guy and always makes good, but it's going on a month now that I haven't heard anything from him. Part of me is tempted to leave negative feedback and attempt to get my money back, while the other part wants to be patient and understanding to whatever is happening in the hopes that I'll eventually get my book.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Lighthouse is so out of touch right now, he didn't reply to my repeated PAYMENT inquiries. 893whatthe.gif

He will come through, but I do understand it being tough to wait all this time.

I'll point him to this thread and you in particular. I understand your frustration, but this really is a case of bad things happening to a really good guy. He will make good on your transaction.

I am still waiting for my "How many can you name... contest" TPB prize from January! 893frustrated.gif

Me, too. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

He really needs the FDQ (forum or f'n drama queen) award for all the stuff that has happened to him. He's like the Comic Book counterpart of Job

893scratchchin-thumb.gif And as I recall from one of Lighthouse's past sig lines, Heinlein's Job: A Comedy of Justice is one of his favorite books. frown.gif