• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rachel Rising by Terry Moore

27 posts in this topic

Terry is just.....awesome. As I've said before he has a way. In fact if I could bottle storytelling as a potion I would be buying the Terry Moore variant. :)

I read issue 1 but haven't picked up my pull list for #2. Was there any dialogue in #2?

Yes, there was dialogue in # 2 though weird dialogue.

I kicked myself for not starting on Echo right away so I did pick up Rachel Rising from the start ... but, boy, is it slow going so far. Not bad, but different from the other series. I hope we get a little more story in the next issue.

boy, is it slow going so far. Not bad, but different from the other series. I hope we get a little more story in the next issue.

Funny, compared to the other books I picked up this week, took me longer to read this one. There are some books that are such quick reads I can't even justify buying them, like some of the IDW stuff, and Near Death (which I also liked, but just not enough there for me).

But yes, this series is taking it's time.

Was Echo good?

Issue #1 was the quickest read I've had in quite some time. Way too fast!

After buying the trades on Echo (6 of them at $15.95 each for a total of $95) and then seeing that he did a complete collection for $39.99, that pretty much cements that I'll be waiting on a complete collection of Rachel Rising in the future rather than trades or singles.

After buying the trades on Echo (6 of them at $15.95 each for a total of $95) and then seeing that he did a complete collection for $39.99, that pretty much cements that I'll be waiting on a complete collection of Rachel Rising in the future rather than trades or singles.

Good to know. I have been wanting to check out Echo and this sounds like a great way to check it out for a good price. Thanks!

Good to know. I have been wanting to check out Echo and this sounds like a great way to check it out for a good price. Thanks!

Nice sig line! Let me know if #3 is ever for sale :)

Nice sig line! Let me know if #3 is ever for sale :)

Thanks! That is my newest commission and I love it. I don't have any plans of parting with it, but if I ever do I will let you know. :)

Issue #1 was the quickest read I've had in quite some time. Way too fast!

i've gotta agree here. i just plucked #1 from the $1 box at my LCS. very intriguing setup and i'd love to support this book but there's no way i'm shelling out $4 a pop for a two minute read.

my lcs has all 8 issues at cover price, but i've been dropping the 3.99 titles altogether it gets really annoying. the trade is probably $20, right? i'll find someone to lend them to me, this looks really good.

Really enjoying this one - even better than Echo IMHO. Once again, I've found a series that I really enjoy too early. Would have loved to have discovered this at issue 20 instead of issue 8. Any idea how many issues this series will have?