• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Value of a FF#1- signed, but restored?

7 posts in this topic

I came across a FF#1 for sale that is CGC'd signature Series (Stan Lee, of course).It is 3.0 restored grade (tear seals, color touch, I believe-nice looking book).Can't really decide what to offer on it- I would prefer a non restored book, but this may be a good deal.Any ideas on the value,subtracting for the restored and adding for the signature?

I came across a FF#1 for sale that is CGC'd signature Series (Stan Lee, of course).It is 3.0 restored grade (tear seals, color touch, I believe-nice looking book).Can't really decide what to offer on it- I would prefer a non restored book, but this may be a good deal.Any ideas on the value,subtracting for the restored and adding for the signature?

In the 3.0 grade it's almost certain that the color touch and tear seals would not affect the grade if the color touch and tear seals were simply counted as additional defects. In many cases "restored" lower grade books actually contain less markings and less tears (sealed or unsealed), and less added gunk (glue or otherwise) than a book in similar grade. At the low grades, which allow for copious markings, tears, stains and other foreign matter, the distinction between restored and unrestored becomes counter-intuitive because it becomes almost entirely about how the alterations are presumed to have gotten there and virtually not at all about how much alteration has occured.

Hard to say. But somewhere between these 2 numbers:

SP ( 4.0 ) Sgnt series/Trimmed/Signed by Stan Lee - - (1) $2,400 (1) $2,400 $2,400 Aug-2011

EA ( 2.0 ) Sgnt series/Trimmed/Signed by Stan Lee - (1) $837 - - $837 Sep-2010

Sorry, I probably should know this, but what is SP and EA? Thanks

SP is Slight Professional restoration

EA is Extensive Am. Restoration

Thanks for that (I should have figured it out) the book in question is Moderate P, so based on what you found,I am thinking a value of somewhere between $1200 and $1800- that sound about right?