• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When to check on CGC SS Submissions?

52 posts in this topic

I have several comics I turned into CGC for SS Series at NYCC. Some are "modern", some are "Standard," etc.

There is a wait time of "20 Business Days" and "15 Business Days"

Does that mean it's four and three weeks respectively before I can call CGC and find out what grade they made?

Hi,

You should be able to check on-line, through your submissions panel.

One thing to note is that CGC is very busy at this time of the year and things can sometimes take a bit longer than normal, unless you fast tracked.

-Frank

I have several comics I turned into CGC for SS Series at NYCC. Some are "modern", some are "Standard," etc.

There is a wait time of "20 Business Days" and "15 Business Days"

Does that mean it's four and three weeks respectively before I can call CGC and find out what grade they made?

When I submitted some books at NYCC for 20 business day turnaround time, they said it would be about a month.

Hi,

One thing to note is that CGC is very busy at this time of the year and things can sometimes take a bit longer than normal, unless you fast tracked.

-Frank

What's that?

If you're a paid member of the CS, you can check the status of your books online. Mine aren't showing up yet.

Hi,

-Frank

What's that?

If you're a paid member of the CS, you can check the status of your books online. Mine aren't showing up yet.

Hmm... I'm not a paid member. I have a free CGC account that was made with an email address that I seldom use. They didn't ask me for an account number or anything when I dropped the comics off.

Completely off-topic, but you had asked yesterday, I have the fantastic luck of having my firm change our annual meeting to the NYCC weekend. I had to go to St. Louis instead of finally meeting all you comic nerds.

I had everything planned and until a couple weeks before, I just didn't put two and two together that the weekends would coincide. Next year I'll be able to go for Sunday at least. I sat in my hotel room, having drank enough Kettle One and tonics to choke a donkey, and read the con threads on my iPad. Sad but true.

Next year I will wear a large badge that says mikenyc. Then upon meeting fellow board members will challenge them to an arm wrestling match, to establish dominance. hm

Not all books from NYCC have even been entered in the system yet. Once they are entered then the clock starts ticking. In the case of Moderns they are currently grading the last week of August. You're looking at about 6 weeks from when the books are entered. Check the site for your standard submission turn around.

That's the "common" turn around time, however, this summer's convention season completely overwhelmed CGC. Give it two months before you start calling and asking about your invoice status.

I too submitted books at NYCC, and I don't plan on calling until around Christmas time.

Completely off-topic, but you had asked yesterday, I have the fantastic luck of having my firm change our annual meeting to the NYCC weekend. I had to go to St. Louis instead of finally meeting all you comic nerds.

I had everything planned and until a couple weeks before, I just didn't put two and two together that the weekends would coincide. Next year I'll be able to go for Sunday at least. I sat in my hotel room, having drank enough Kettle One and tonics to choke a donkey, and read the con threads on my iPad. Sad but true.

Next year I will wear a large badge that says mikenyc. Then upon meeting fellow board members will challenge them to an arm wrestling match, to establish dominance. hm

Yeah, it's a shame I didn't get to meet you. I really hope I can attend next year, but that's questionable. With my unit it's tough to get leave approved outside their established block leave dates.

Come down to some North Carolina shows you !

hm What about twisting fingers?

:lol:

Having not brushed up on my "Over the Top" viewing, I feel I am already showing my weakness at not knowing if finger twisting is an advanced arm wrestling move.

If it is an altogether different sport, much like thumb wrestling, you're fcuked!

Having not brushed up on my "Over the Top" viewing, I feel I am already showing my weakness at not knowing if finger twisting is an advanced arm wrestling move.

If it is an altogether different sport, much like thumb wrestling, you're fcuked!

The trick is to really lean your shoulder into it.

I have never been beat twisting fingers. :grin:

That's the "common" turn around time, however, this summer's convention season completely overwhelmed CGC. Give it two months before you start calling and asking about your invoice status.

I too submitted books at NYCC, and I don't plan on calling until around Christmas time.

+1

For moderns, CGC's Services & Fees page show that they're currently grading books received on 8/22/2011 - which means that they're at least a month behind.

The delays should start clearing up towards the end of the year due to NYCC being the last of the big shows, but for books subbed at NYCC that weren't fast-tracked, you're probably looking at an xmas return date ...

+1

For moderns, CGC's Services & Fees page show that they're currently grading books received on 8/22/2011 - which means that they're at least a month behind.

The delays should start clearing up towards the end of the year due to NYCC being the last of the big shows, but for books subbed at NYCC that weren't fast-tracked, you're probably looking at an xmas return date ...

I sent only one book with Economy,and that was my ASM #90