• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Census

206 posts in this topic

What about Frank Miller?

SS books from him on ebay don't seem too uncommon anymore... (shrug)

I was wondering the same thing. Getting a signature from him wasn't impossible, I did it on my first try. But from what I'm reading online that seems a bit lucky. For me it just took the nerve to crack open a high grade comic for (what I was told was) - a chance at a signature.

Does anyone know if the whole line got through at NYCC?

It was limited to one book per person, so that's one limiting factor. One guy got to cut in front of me because he had a baby with him. Legendary Pictures hosted it, and I told their rep next time I'm going to bring a baby and a puppy.

What about Frank Miller?

SS books from him on ebay don't seem too uncommon anymore... (shrug)

I don't know that they were ever that uncommon. My impression is that he was much easier to get 2004-2006 but after back to back smashes with Sin City and 300, he became very tough.

I think Joel Elad might be able to shed some light on Bradbury.

I want to say there's less then 20 but it's just speculation based on what I've been told.

I can confirm---

37 Steve Bissette

42 Frank Thorne

62 Ed Hannigan

I know Richard Corben is low too...I can only confirm 10 that he did for me, and add that to the select few he did prior to that.

Seanfingh and Kondravy might know, but I think prior to my 10 there were less then 14...?

We can add in 50 Sam Keith and 50 Steven Platt, I believe those numbers are pretty close. Again, chainnball would know for certain.

When the John Tottleben's are done, it'll be around 60-ish.

Anne Rice is going to be low too, but I think we'll need other board members to jump in to say what they got done at SDCC.

I had 4 Rice books.

And the only other guy that is coming to mind, that I can confirm is less then 12 total, is Harvey Stephens, from the Monster Mania show last fall.

He's the actor that played the orig. Damien in the 1970s OMEN with Gregory Peck.

Is it safe to assume King is the grail of signatures? They're selling for crazy money.

I think the best of all time was R. Crumb. No offense, Richie.

Nope, no offense...I'll pretty much have to agree.

While King has a wider audience then Crumb, Crumb was the one to get as he would (and still) refuses to sign.

Kris Moore landed him the first time almost 2 years back with 3 sigs total, and then there was the mail away that was VERY lmt. in numbers.

We've been in front of him since at book signings and he straight up won't sign.

I think the number that has been done may well remain all that is done on Crumb.

I'll go out on a limb and call the top four as being

1) Crumb

2) King

3) Alan Moore

4) Richard Corben

I wish we could get confirmation on numbers for Bradbury...that's going to be in the top 10, if not five..?

Also, I know that Mike Esposito and Stan's brother must be very low on the list of s/s books.

Chandler got Esposito last year right before he passed, and as I understand it, Stan's brother did a few but really wasn't interested in doing it again.

Also, I know that Mike Esposito and Stan's brother must be very low on the list of s/s books.

Chandler got Esposito last year right before he passed, and as I understand it, Stan's brother did a few but really wasn't interested in doing it again.

Larry Lieber :gossip: It's probably because everybody kept calling him Stan's brudder.

[font:Book Antiqua]Any idea how many Mike Grell books?

He still go to conventions,

but I dont see too many (or often) for sale...[/font]

(shrug)

I'm sure there are several...I did about 20 Grell s/s this year from Green Arrow to Batman and even a Jon Sable #1.

He seems like he did more shows in 2011 then he did in 2010 thought.