• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Census

206 posts in this topic

[font:Book Antiqua]Any idea how many Mike Grell books?

He still go to conventions,

but I dont see too many (or often) for sale...[/font]

(shrug)

This goes to one of the fundamental issues surrounding these numbers-related inquiries: How many of these books were done for re-sale? You see more Kieths, Moores, Kings even than Grells because people are not doing Grell books for resale. They are doing them because they want Grell SS. There are very few books that will merit going and getting Grell for resale - 1st issue Special 8, Warlord 1, maybe some of the GL/GAs or a Jon Sable. But other than that, there is very little to profit from for all of the effort.

It just occured to me Murphy Anderson has to be on that less then 50 list.

Andrew Satterfield can probably confirm more solid numbers?

I believe the number is more than 100, I can attest to seeing 80+ and there were more done at the show as well.

It just occured to me Murphy Anderson has to be on that less then 50 list.

Andrew Satterfield can probably confirm more solid numbers?

I believe the number is more than 100, I can attest to seeing 80+ and there were more done at the show as well.

Plus he had signed before that. Well over 100 and one of my favorites of all time:

IMG00181-20101214-2052.jpg

IMG00179-20101214-2050.jpg

Six John Waters books...

I can confirm 4 done two months ago, and Kris Moore said there were 2 prior to that.

Mike, Tristen, Glen Guinto, Brian Kondravy and Kris Moore should be able to figure out the Mike Judge count.

There were only five total before the NYCC.

I don't think there were more then 10 additional done at NYCC, but these guys would be able to confirm that?

There are 5 Mike Judge books. Four done at the 2011 SDCC and Joel and Jesse were able to get one back in the day. There could be more if someone was able to get something signed at the NYCC.

Forrest J Ackerman is another interesting one. I would say less than 15. Ray Harryhausen is likely only 1. Tobe Hooper has pretty low numbers ( I would say 25 or less), John Carpenter over 100, David Cronenberg under 10, George Romero probably 50 to 100, Wes Craven under 10, and David Lynch only 2. Clive Barker would probably fall in 50 to 100 range. Danny Devito is probably less than 25. Tom Hardy (Bane in the new Batman movie) under 10, Harrison Ford numbers will be interesting once the books start to surface.

The knowledge on this board never ceases to amaze me.

mschmidt brings up a good point...I though 500 may be a little low for the last category, so let's bump it to 1000+

1-10 books

Jim Aparo

Robert Crumb

Richard Evans

Sarah Palin

John Waters

11-50 books

Dave Cockrum

Will Eisner

Harlan Ellison

Mike Esposito (confirmation)

Mike Judge (confirmation?)

Stephen King

David Mazzuchelli (confirmation?)

Alan Moore

Lily Renee (confirmation?)

Jhonen Vasquez

1000+ books

Jim Lee

Stan Lee

Todd McFarlane

Dave Sim

Michael Turner

I added in Sarah Palin because I know at least 1 got done but I doubt more than 10 did.

I'm also curious if Stephen Colbert signed for SS. He had a very limited signing at NYCC a few years back and I'm curious if anyone got anything.

Michael Turner signed a lot for Wizard. Add that to the lines I'm sure he had a shows and I wouldn't be surprised if his count was over 1000.

How about Barry Windsor Smith?

Only one Palin book was done. She was nice, but her security was not.

Haruo Nakajima ( aka the Godzilla stuntman in the suit) has under 10 SS books.
That's awesome, which books did he do...Trimpe books?

I don't know if the 70's Godzilla book was done, mostly the Dark Horse and IDW books were signed. They look great because he signed in Japanese.

Haruo Nakajima ( aka the Godzilla stuntman in the suit) has under 10 SS books.
That's awesome, which books did he do...Trimpe books?

I don't know if the 70's Godzilla book was done, mostly the Dark Horse and IDW books were signed. They look great because he signed in Japanese.

I would love to see one of those...did the owner ever post them..I am HIGHLY interested in knowing a bit about these....signing in Japanese is sooooo freakin wicked coll!!