• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Italian Star Wars Posters - First Editions - Help

8 posts in this topic

Hello, my friends and neighbors. This is a little OT, but was hoping your collective wisdom would help me out. I thought you might enjoy seeing them as well as I'm sure there are alot of Star Wars fans on the boards.

I purchased these posters at an Italian market in Italy as a young kid somewhere around 1982. I believe they are first editions (see closeup stating "Prima Edition"). I have held onto these and not mounted or displayed them ever. I can't find any information on them. Can any collector provide some info on them as well as what they are going for? Thanks so much, all.

ItalianStarWarsPoster-small.jpg

ItalianEmpireStrikesBackPoster-small.jpg

ItalianStarWarsPosterPrimaEdition.jpg

ItalianEmpireStrikesBack-PrimaEditionTag.jpg

at first blush (*I do not collect posters* ) I would guess a couple hun each retail.

check the heritage auctions movie posters completed auctions.

There are some international SW posters there which sold IIRC in the 100-300 range

I believe those are called Italian locandinas (they should measure 13"x28", correct?)...

here's the same Star Wars ep4 locandina listed at an International poster site, priced at 150.00€ , so figure in that ballbark that for yours, and probably around same for the ESB

http://www.benitomovieposter.com/catalog/guerre-stellari-p-30834.html

This is probably the most interesting Italian variant poster, It is pretty sought after, being a unique image for the Italian market (don't ya love the tan Luke?)

137652.jpg

Hello, my friends and neighbors. This is a little OT, but was hoping your collective wisdom would help me out. I thought you might enjoy seeing them as well as I'm sure there are alot of Star Wars fans on the boards.

I purchased these posters at an Italian market in Italy as a young kid somewhere around 1982. I believe they are first editions (see closeup stating "Prima Edition"). I have held onto these and not mounted or displayed them ever. I can't find any information on them. Can any collector provide some info on them as well as what they are going for? Thanks so much, all.

This is a great place to find info on posters (a forum I recently joined): www.allposterforum.com

And here is some past auction data on Italian Star Wars posters:

http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/search/star%2520wars%2520italian/archive.html