• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
69 69

63,908 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Lonzilla said:

$7 is "hot"? or did you mean hot as in "she looks hot?"

It was selling for around $13 last night. This book will be right back up imo. Same thing happened the day ASM #795 came out. If you see this at your shop today at cover, buy them imo....and it definitely a hot cover lol

2 minutes ago, speedcake said:

so the ASM 789 to 797  or so run is selling for silly money on the eBay. Thinking about selling mine for silly money and picking them back up again when they all cool off to cover price.

comics decrease in value?!:whatthe:

10 hours ago, porcupine48 said:

comics decrease in value?!:whatthe:

Check out the prices of most Preacher books you will see dropping prices in effect.  That book is so cold it is scary.

7 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Check out the prices of most Preacher books you will see dropping prices in effect.  That book is so cold it is scary.

Seriously though, I think it is even cheaper now than before the rumors of a show even started surfacing

6 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Seriously though, I think it is even cheaper now than before the rumors of a show even started surfacing

#1- the tv show sucks

#2 -the 66 issues and one-shots have been around long enough that anyone who wanted to complete their collection had ample time to do so

#3 - fans of the show who weren't already comic collectors will seek out the TPBs

#4 - Walking Dead will be suffering a similar fate soon enough

I can’t disagree but I’m surprised thekiller covers and the name recognition of the tv show would keep the prices somewhat steady.  The series had no street cred before the show was announced and for the prices to have dropped below pre show levels is just shocking.  But I guess a bad show is worse for prices than no show.

12 hours ago, Lonzilla said:

#1- the tv show sucks

#2 -the 66 issues and one-shots have been around long enough that anyone who wanted to complete their collection had ample time to do so

#3 - fans of the show who weren't already comic collectors will seek out the TPBs

#4 - Walking Dead will be suffering a similar fate soon enough

Say it ain’t so about TWD:S

Guess I should dust off some these boxes and start selling now...

14 hours ago, Lonzilla said:

#1- the tv show sucks started off great but has been on a slow and steady downward slide for several seasons. The lead character is portrayed by an actor who is terrible, and all that is good about the characters in the comic has been sucked out of the characters in the show

#2 -the 66  180 or so issues and one-shots have been around long enough that anyone who wanted to complete their collection had ample time to do so

#3 - fans of the show who weren't already comic collectors will seek out the TPBs don't really buy the comic, and if they do, they SOLELY buy the trades or the giant omnibus collections. 

#4 - Walking Dead will be suffering a similar fate soon enough ending and it will be cast to the back of the line as nothing new is coming out.

Updated for Walking Dead

6 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I can’t disagree but I’m surprised thekiller covers and the name recognition of the tv show would keep the prices somewhat steady.  The series had no street cred before the show was announced and for the prices to have dropped below pre show levels is just shocking.  But I guess a bad show is worse for prices than no show.

What is street cred in reference to comic books? It seems like you are insinuating that Preacher was nothing before the tv show was announced.

On 3/9/2018 at 12:46 PM, rogue14 said:

Say it ain’t so about TWD:S

Guess I should dust off some these boxes and start selling now...

If you look at the 1st appearances of characters who were introduced on the show in the last few years it's been a steady tick downward.

The most recent CGC 9.8 ebay sales:

92 Jesus $95

98 Dwight $65

100 2nd Print Negan $90 (ouch!)

108 Ezekiel $70

not to mention 127($45) and 132 ($30)

Point being that anyone who makes their debut on the TV show, it will be a character who was introduced in the comic Post All Out War, i.e. everyone bought multiple copies, sometime as many as 10, 20 or 30.

I hate to admit it but there's very little  money to be made with 1st apps unless the show goes balls out insane with the Whisperers / Alpha / Beta / Lydia and even then that's a huge "if."

Disagree on preacher, love the show! Great portrayal of a classic book. 

The walking dead started off great but got too far away from the comic and show runner sucked. The comic is still my favorite all time series 

14 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

The walking dead started off great but got too far away from the comic and show runner sucked. The comic is still my favorite all time series 

???  What part of the first season on the show was in the comics?

5 minutes ago, 1p36DSA said:

First season was a build up, everything else has been the comics. Haters gonna hate

So....how was it a portrayal of the comics?

I guess since I didn't think it was a good adaption of a great story I'm a "hater".

Edited by ygogolak

Preacher is my 2nd favorite comic series of all time. Was really excited for the show...but didn’t grab me. I feel like if they would have made it more of a 90’s style setting like the book vs his more modern take it would have been better. And the casting is just too far off. Good actors no doubt, but I don’t think they really bring the right authenticity to the characters. Although I do enjoy the casting of Cassidy. I know Seth Rogen was a big fan of the comic...but t seems like he just wanted to do his own thing with it and thought that would appeal better...not for me and doesn’t seem to be for others who loves the comic.

Id love for early Walking Dead prices to drop. I think some collectors will hold though because they don’t want to let them go for cheap. If I can get a #1 for $500 bucks someday that’d be awesome. I think #1 will maintain a $1000+ for awhile though. #19 still seems to do pretty well. The others...depends on the day. 

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:
17 hours ago, 1p36DSA said:

???  What part of the first season on the show was in the comics?

Yeah, Preacher didn't start off great and has never been that close to the comics*. I don't know how it compares favourably to TWD on that point, no matter how far you think TWD has fallen.

*Admittedly, I missed the second half of season 2, so I guess it could have turned into a word-for-word, scene-for-scene adaptation of the comics at that point, but I somehow doubt that happened.