• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, ComicCollectorMatt said:

:signfunny:

lol

I call it as I see it, more enjoyable character and a better investment. Besides, Thanos #13 has a Cates writing which surpasses the idiocy of TT 12 and Dark Nights Metal as a whole.  TT12 was hyped and hoarded right out of the gate, nobody saw the powerhouse of Thanos 13 coming until is was too late to stock up, aside from lenticulars

Now go count the amount of your posts on your fingers and toes or bring something to the table besides your usual lack of expertise lol

4 hours ago, kimik said:

I thought that ASM 797 is the first Red Goblin? 

4 hours ago, kimik said:

I thought that ASM 797 is the first Red Goblin? 

I think at this point where he shows up will be a moot point. THe retailers are armed and ready; the print run for 797 is going to be massive. 

I think the only ones with legs will be 794-796. It also helps that 794 and 795 don’t have many variants and/or store exclusives.  

51 minutes ago, Lonzilla said:

I call it as I see it, more enjoyable character and a better investment. Besides, Thanos #13 has a Cates writing which surpasses the idiocy of TT 12 and Dark Nights Metal as a whole.  TT12 was hyped and hoarded right out of the gate, nobody saw the powerhouse of Thanos 13 coming until is was too late to stock up, aside from lenticulars

Now go count the amount of your posts on your fingers and toes or bring something to the table besides your usual lack of expertise lol

TT 12 wasn't hyped and hoarded out of the gate.

44 minutes ago, Lpgk said:

I think at this point where he shows up will be a moot point. THe retailers are armed and ready; the print run for 797 is going to be massive. 

I think the only ones with legs will be 794-796. It also helps that 794 and 795 don’t have many variants and/or store exclusives.  

I am not certain on that. I think the print runs will be higher closer to 800, but the FOC for 797 was already over when people actually read 796. Everyone was banking on that being the first appearance. The couple of LCSs I talked to did not up their orders since they were banking on 796 being the 1st appearance. 

2 hours ago, Lonzilla said:

Shops around here were sold out by Wed night, nobody is ordering heavy on the title yet which is good for the aftermarket but makes it a chore to track down multiple copies

If shops didn't order heavier on 16 then don't follow the market. When 13 got hot, 16 was still available for order and the solicitation specifically mentioned the origin of CGR.

7 hours ago, tv horror said:

Can you tell me if Amazing is going to be ongoing from 801 or is it restarting, thanks.

I have no clue, but they will never give that number system up they might re-start, but it will always return to the original numbers when they
get close to anniversary numbers like 850 and 900.

2 hours ago, Lpgk said:

Yeah that's how I see it as well. The only interest I have going forward might be some 2nd prints, but even then I wont order heavy like I did for 795/796.

1 hour ago, kimik said:

I am not certain on that. I think the print runs will be higher closer to 800, but the FOC for 797 was already over when people actually read 796. Everyone was banking on that being the first appearance. The couple of LCSs I talked to did not up their orders since they were banking on 796 being the 1st appearance. 

My shops ordered heavier just based on the fact that had sold out of the last 3 issues beforehand. 797 will see a large increase of ordering, 2nd prints and so on. I think with each issue past 795 you will see some increase, but I bet the jump from 796 to 797 will be large.

49 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yeah that's how I see it as well. The only interest I have going forward might be some 2nd prints, but even then I wont order heavy like I did for 795/796.

I don’t even have faith in their 2nd prints. Unless they change the covers I wouldn’t be surprised if they go to 4th or 5th printings. There’s nothing like buying the 2nd print and then seeing a 3rd print come out two weeks later with the same cover #sucker

8 hours ago, Lpgk said:

I don’t even have faith in their 2nd prints. Unless they change the covers I wouldn’t be surprised if they go to 4th or 5th printings. There’s nothing like buying the 2nd print and then seeing a 3rd print come out two weeks later with the same cover #sucker

The third prints for Thanos have been different.

14 hours ago, Lpgk said:
15 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Its not a terrible thing. Batman later prints on New52 were gold.

32 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

blech....JRJR

47 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Does this mean the originals will get some added value? What’s special about the new run?

1 hour ago, the authority said:

Infinity Countdown 1 Adi Granov variant

Thought this might slide under the radar...wrong. This one is hot and if people buy books just for the cover art, its likely to stay that way Avery long time. ^^

Got mine reserved at the LCS. Saw it in person and its a really nice cover.