• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2022 at 3:47 PM, gradejunky said:

One of the recent Image books I didn't order at all.  Seemed like it was getting a bit of attention by several youtubers and would be over-ordered.

Same here. I will have to hit my LCS and pickup a few copies tomorrow if they have any left.

With Amazon picking up the rights, is it a sure thing that they will be doing something with this or is it another "Optioned" property that leads to nothing?

Edited by captainzombie

On 6/29/2022 at 7:57 PM, captainzombie said:

Same here. I will have to hit my LCS and pickup a few copies tomorrow if they have any left.

With Amazon picking up the rights, is it a sure thing that they will be doing something with this or is it another "Optioned" property that leads to nothing?

The info I saw on it was Amazon picking up the rights for a movie plus a more expansive cross media universe…

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/amazon-eight-billion-genies-comic-1235173415/

Edited by CheeseFrog

On 6/29/2022 at 5:58 PM, Ryan. said:

This thread is bad for my wallet. I just bought the Batman and Deathstroke variants, and copies of Agent of Worlde 1 and 8 Billion Genies.

Jerks.

Where did you find the deathstroke variant?  It is definitely a lower print run compared to the batman

On 6/28/2022 at 4:59 PM, divad said:

Something big's got to really happen before I start pulling Wonder Man appearances. :roflmao:

Free money not your thing? And yes, I know - that's not a newsstand in the main image, I've already swapped them out.

On 6/30/2022 at 8:58 PM, FlyingDonut said:
On 6/28/2022 at 1:59 PM, divad said:

Something big's got to really happen before I start pulling Wonder Man appearances. :roflmao:

Free money not your thing? And yes, I know - that's not a newsstand in the main image, I've already swapped them out.

That's what I was waiting for! :applause:(Runs to garage . . . )

On 6/28/2022 at 3:09 PM, boomtown said:

Big Wonder Man fan! He's always had some great background stuff that Marvel just never seemed to work with. Should make a great lighthearted heroic/comedy series.

And yes, I never thought I would be able to unload these things, sitting untouched for the last 30 years. I ordered 100 of these back in the glut years, and somehow still have all 100.

IMG_20220628_165518171.thumb.jpg.490c716a105c7969649c2ee144b2594b.jpg

You've got some work to do!!! :Rocket:

On 7/4/2022 at 4:22 AM, DocCRR said:

They are going for as high as $39.99 on eBay right now: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=batman+125+failsafe+cover+M&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Complete=1

From what I have heard, a lot of stores missed it as they did not want to gamble on the later solicit with no cover image posted, and they are voicing their displeasure now. While it is great for us that took the risk :flipbait:, DC left a lot of extra sales on the sideline. 

On 7/4/2022 at 7:18 PM, kimik said:

They are going for as high as $39.99 on eBay right now

Has dropped down significantly.

It's DC spec, on another new Batman character. Gloating because you preordered it is like saying you found gold covered poop on the side of the road. (btw, it's still poop )

On 7/4/2022 at 7:18 PM, kimik said:

From what I have heard, a lot of stores missed it as they did not want to gamble on the later solicit with no cover image posted,

Wrong.

With a 1:500 variant and a retailer preview, stores ordered plenty.

Edited by Second Blight

On 7/5/2022 at 10:59 AM, Second Blight said:

No.  They ordered plenty of Batman 125, but not necessarily plenty of cover M, because DC was dumb, and didn’t release the cover image.  At best, stores that chased the 1:500 chopped their order equally among the zillion open order covers.  More likely, they went 60-80% cover A, and tossed in a few of each of the alternate covers.

On 7/5/2022 at 10:59 AM, Second Blight said:

Has dropped down significantly.

It's DC spec, on another new Batman character. Gloating because you preordered it is like saying you found gold covered poop on the side of the road. (btw, it's still poop )

Wrong.

lol Speculating is pre-ordering based on information. Buying after the fact is chasing. You need to understand the difference to play the game. 

As far as stores ordering plenty, that is not what it showing up locally which is great. I am already getting e-mails from local collectors asking if I have any as their store missed it, and these are their biggest file holders. And, if the orders are so huge, then the dealer forums would not have as many complaints from stores that missed it/decided not or order it and are peeved at DC as a result. 

On 7/5/2022 at 1:30 PM, 500Club said:

No.  They ordered plenty of Batman 125, but not necessarily plenty of cover M, because DC was dumb, and didn’t release the cover image.  At best, stores that chased the 1:500 chopped their order equally among the zillion open order covers.  More likely, they went 60-80% cover A, and tossed in a few of each of the alternate covers.

On 7/5/2022 at 1:31 PM, kimik said:

As far as stores ordering plenty, that is not what it showing up locally which is great. I am already getting e-mails from local collectors asking if I have any as their store missed it, and these are their biggest file holders. And, if the orders are so huge, then the dealer forums would not have as many complaints from stores that missed it/decided not or order it and are peeved at DC as a result. 

Guessing is not speculation.

On 7/5/2022 at 11:37 AM, Second Blight said:

Guessing is not speculation.

lol  I agree. That is why I speculate = placing bets based on facts. If any stores missed it then they were not paying attention to DC a couple of days before FOC......

Edited by kimik