• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

i've got 3 hardcore #1's on ebay right now with 2 days left at $13. only paid $2.50 a piece. already made a killing off this book. sold 3 wd weekly 19's that i bought for $10 for $106 shipped.

I can't believe people are still paying top dollar for Walking Dead weeklies. Can anyone explain this? Shouldn't this have stopped by now? ???

i've got 3 hardcore #1's on ebay right now with 2 days left at $13. only paid $2.50 a piece. already made a killing off this book. sold 3 wd weekly 19's that i bought for $10 for $106 shipped.

I can't believe people are still paying top dollar for Walking Dead weeklies. Can anyone explain this? Shouldn't this have stopped by now? ???

why would it stop..nothing wrong with the weeklies.

We have discussed this in length earlier. These books will hold their value just like WD does. When the WD issues fall then the Weekly's will. Their print run is less then WDs and in some cases are 10-20% the price of WDs for keys so why pay the bleed price when you get the same book as a reprint for less. This is the thinking of some Weekly buyers. Its a nice alternative to paying out the for 1st prints and not buying the trades. I dont see their value decreasing until after we see the Governor and if this season is good it may be longer.

The only weekly's still doing very well are 1,19, and 27.(With 1 and 19 holding value and 27 will eventually get there in a few months.) Other books will come along as well with 33,43,48 will see a value increase as well I think as they all features deaths or governor appearances.

Last show I went too I checked the local shops and they still reported selling out trades weekly. Locally there are almost no Weekly's left in my area. I found no weekly's in three stores that I visited a few weeks ago. I asked them about Weekly's and they told me they ordered light and they sold out fast in the last few months.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I must be missing something. It's not the first time and it won't be the last. I think I may be prejudice against 2nd prints becaue of when I started collecting. I just don't see paying $50 for a WD Weekly 19. I think if the price was around $20-$25 for keys and $50 for the 1st weekly I would understand it, but the prices are so high it just makes more sense to me to spend a little bit more for the real thing. For example, you can get a VF WD 19 for less than $200 raw on ebay. That's really not that much more when you think about what you are getting for your money. I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. One thing it does show is that reprinting a book in a different format instead of sticking 2nd print on the book somewhere is a superior alternative for publishers sales and for buyers in the retail and secondary markets. I wonder if we'll see more of that in the future with other sucessful titles?

Edited by Nico Esq

One thing it does show is that reprinting a book in a different format instead of sticking 2nd print on the book somewhere is a superior alternative for publishers sales and for buyers in the retail and secondary markets. I wonder if we'll see more of that in the future with other sucessful titles?

This seems to be the trend, with different colors used, and sometimes different covers entirely. It's not unreasonable, knowing the collector mentality, to expect some of these books to become collectible down the road, and escape the disdain previously held for second prints and above.

If I have something that's not moving on Ebay that maybe should be, a couple of things that I do is check to make sure the listing comes up in a basic search and sometimes I put a counter on it to see if people are at least looking at it. If neither of those things are happening I know I have to tweak the listing or something may be affecting the search ranking and I go from there.

Also does anybody predict that a few more standard issues (and subsequently sketch variants) of Hardcore popping up in stores around the country on Wednesday? Obviously that will affect things either way for the moment.

I managed to add a single standard copy to a midtown order late last week after forgetting to grab a couple early, we will see if I get it or not because I want to see if it is any good or not.

I just don't see paying $50 for a WD Weekly 19. I think if the price was around $20-$25 for keys and $50 for the 1st weekly I would understand it

The WD weekly 19's go for around $30-35 a piece

just sold 5 copies of Hardcore #1 for $85 with free shipping.

Weird, cause my 9.99 BIN continues to sit.

One didnt sell for $5 just now, w/$4 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190681721840?ssPageName=STRK:MEUSX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1560.l2649

The picture shows the book not in a bag/board. Never says anything about it. Might have hurt sales

I just don't see paying $50 for a WD Weekly 19. I think if the price was around $20-$25 for keys and $50 for the 1st weekly I would understand it

That sounds more reasonable. Someone posted earlier that they sold two copies for $105 (unless I misunderstood their post).

That sounds more reasonable. Someone posted earlier that they sold two copies for $105 (unless I misunderstood their post).

that was me. 3 copies for $106 shipped.

A ha! I must have been read your post too fast or was trying to do too many different things at the same time. Would you scan that Thief of Thieves back for us all in the Thief of Theives thread. I for one am really anxious to see a copy without the mark on the letter E. Thanks!

Weird, cause my 9.99 BIN continues to sit.

One didnt sell for $5 just now, w/$4 shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190681721840?ssPageName=STRK:MEUSX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1560.l2649

The picture shows the book not in a bag/board. Never says anything about it. Might have hurt sales

and the cover looks curled

A ha! I must have been read your post too fast or was trying to do too many different things at the same time. Would you scan that Thief of Thieves back for us all in the Thief of Theives thread. I for one am really anxious to see a copy without the mark on the letter E. Thanks!

I did reply. I checked. My copy has the smudge. I thought I remember having a copy that didn't have the mark, but I could be wrong

I'm clearly struggling at reading posts in the last 24-48 hours (insert self depricating joke here) b/c I thought that you had a bunch that didn't have the smudge but only one that did have the smudge. Anyway, I will stop derailing this tread ... at least Thief of Theives is a hot book lol ... it is another title that I can't get over the price of. I thought that if the pilot got made we may see these prices and that we wouldn't actually see them until we knew the cast or even that the pilot would air on TV and not end up like Locke & Key or other titles. I can appreciate that people have lots of faith in Kirkman and AMC plus Kirkman has spoken positively about the future of the Thief of Theives project, but I still find the prices on the regular cover high and the prices on the variant covers proportionally low. But that's just my opinion and this is probably just an effort to re-rail this thread ... One last thing, it looks like the Walking Dead Vannen watch has started to heat up. The price on eBay has doubled in the last month from $130 to $260 (starting bid) with the only bin being $799. Not sure if this is a matter of the reasonably priced ones all being sold or what? Similarly, the Saga Diamond RRP is increasingly rare although the price of this book has remained reasonable. The only copy left is reportedly NM/M with a BIN of $199 that is offered by a seller with 143 transactions and 100% feedback.

Edited by Nico Esq

jeez, and I was happy getting $25-$27 for 3.

i bought most of what my shops had, leaving one copy at each of three shops and 2 copies at another one for someone who wanted to read them locally

I think I currently have the lowest BIN and shipping combinations price for Saga 1s on ebay, yet people are buying other copies. ebayers really don't comparison shop very well. True, my gallery feature seems to have trouble showing (dunno why), though that didn't hrt me selling those hardcores...every lot Iisted sold via BIN in an hour or less. i guess i made them too cheap at $27 or so, but my nightmare is getting stuck with a bunch of these if/when they cool off. clearly the prices are due to about half the shops just not gettting them at all. how this could happen with kirkman's name on it and only $2.99 cover I do not know.

I went to a weird shop today...big video game business true. New issues were almost all Marvel/DC, a couple of WD, a bombqueen book, etc.

they have magazine racks up on the wall with older comics shoved in them...

4 copies of cowboy ninja viking 1

and 4 copies of skullkickers #1, including the cool kirbyesque cover....wish i had checked them out 14 months ago

box of "indies" had jake ellis 1s in there and infinite vacation 1s as welland a bunch of others that have cooled off (butcher bake, etc.), but i think they were cover i passed.

just weird to have those when they only have 2 image books among the "new" books

Cowboy Ninja Viking got its screenplay rights sold recently but didn't get a price pop. I was sort of surprised by this, but I imagine that a lot of people get upset when they learn that the series abruptly stops. I really enjoyed the first arc on that book, but I have no idea how they would ever get someone to make that movie. If there is a miracle and that movie gets made I think it would be a hilarious movie with a cult following but I imagine it would get creamed at the box office.

I wonder if the major plot development in skullkickers will create any interest in that book. I have yet to read a single issue of the title, but it is on my long list of books I need to read in TPB when I have time. If you haven't read Jake Ellis, I would suggest checking it out. I enjoyed it. I've also heard good things baout Infinite Vacation, but it doesn't look like it gets done with enough regularity to keep readers from dropping it.

Speaking of not meeting deadlines, how many more months until non-player gets a 2nd issue? That book better get made into a movie for all the grief the creator has caused his fans by not publishing the book on time. Injury or no injury, Nate Simpson dropped the ball. That book should have been finished a long time ago and he needs to accept the fact that he needs help getting it done so that his readers don't riot. lol