• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
69 69

63,908 posts in this topic

I'm sorry I should have been more specific. I'm aware of the significance of that particular issue but I was curious as to why you think it will be worth digging up in the near future. I'm probably missing something obvious but I haven't looked at comics seriously in a long time and I seem to recall having a signed copy of this book stashed away somewhere so I figured I'd ask. Sorry for the noob-ish questioning.

earth 2 #2 features alan scott coing out as a gay character. earth 2 #1,2 are selling decently right now, so he's speculating that the alpha flight issue might see some interest.

Top ten most active modern comic sets on The Market this week: :banana:

• Uncanny X-Force #1 - 18
  • Yenny #1 - 8
  • Detective Comics #1 - 7
  • Ultimate Spider-man #152 - 159
  • Batman #1 - 9
  • Detective Comics #871 - 881
  • Flash #1 - 9
  • Wodern Woman #1 - 8
  • Suicide Squad #1 - 9
  • Toxin #1 - 6

Seems to be backing up Voorhees observations on what people are actively seeking and buying. It appears that DC 52 titles are still very much hot and still very desired. (thumbs u

Gotta get me some Wodern Woman (thumbs u

Top ten most active modern comic sets on The Market this week: :banana:

• Uncanny X-Force #1 - 18
  • Yenny #1 - 8
  • Detective Comics #1 - 7
  • Ultimate Spider-man #152 - 159
  • Batman #1 - 9
  • Detective Comics #871 - 881
  • Flash #1 - 9
  • Wodern Woman #1 - 8
  • Suicide Squad #1 - 9
  • Toxin #1 - 6

Seems to be backing up Voorhees observations on what people are actively seeking and buying. It appears that DC 52 titles are still very much hot and still very desired. (thumbs u

Gotta get me some Wodern Woman (thumbs u

that's why it's valuable. every copy i find says "Wonder Woman." All the "Wodern Woman" books have been bought up by now.

Edited by Hawkman

I'm sorry I should have been more specific. I'm aware of the significance of that particular issue but I was curious as to why you think it will be worth digging up in the near future. I'm probably missing something obvious but I haven't looked at comics seriously in a long time and I seem to recall having a signed copy of this book stashed away somewhere so I figured I'd ask. Sorry for the noob-ish questioning.

earth 2 #2 features alan scott coing out as a gay character. earth 2 #1,2 are selling decently right now, so he's speculating that the alpha flight issue might see some interest.

Plus North Stars wedding is the next Marvel Event after AvX

Just read this on toplessrobot.com:

Rumors from rumor places suggest that that pic of Iron Patriot from the Iron Man 3 set is not Iron Patriot at all, but War Machine with a new paint job, and the white dude piloting it was not the bad guy played by James Dale but a stuntman standing in for Don Cheadle. I find this reasonable, but I don't find the original explanation unreasonable, so I'll await more official confirmation.

Oh man. Sucks for anyone who just bought a Dark Avengers #1 at $50 last week if the rumors are true. doh!:facepalm:

Edited by whetteon

lol

Yeah, I was about to :baiting: Hawkman on that. Hawkman, don't be such a DC-ist!

This is one of those deals where there really isnt alot of speculation. Buy the book now for $1 or cover. Get your books up now for the next few weeks and you'll make $15-30 a copy. After that its just downhill. I dont see the book having legs forever. Get in get out. After the X event hits you might have another week or so of good money then everyone will be selling it and the price will fall. Just a guess.

Just read this on toplessrobot.com:

Rumors from rumor places suggest that that pic of Iron Patriot from the Iron Man 3 set is not Iron Patriot at all, but War Machine with a new paint job, and the white dude piloting it was not the bad guy played by James Dale but a stuntman standing in for Don Cheadle. I find this reasonable, but I don't find the original explanation unreasonable, so I'll await more official confirmation.

Oh man. Sucks for anyone who just bought a Dark Avengers #1 at $50 last week if the rumors are true. doh!:facepalm:

Either way its not a terribly bad thing for that cover as long as it shows up in the movie. There were more then a couple selling at $40 I think as well.

The bleed price does suck, but hey someone got to buy it lol.

Edited by Fastballspecial

lol

Yeah, I was about to :baiting: Hawkman on that. Hawkman, don't be such a DC-ist!

but...but...i don't even know what DC is doing! lol

This weeks hottest variant covers from The Market :whee:

• Before Watchmen Minutemen 1:200 variant
  • Dark Avengers #1 1:50 Midtown variant
  • Conan #24 Nude variant
  • Batman #8 1:200 Capullo sketch variant
  • Spawn #220 1:50 Youngblood sketch variant
  • Avengers vs X-Men #3 1:100 Pichelli variant
  • Justice League #4 Jim Lee sketch variant
  • The Mighty Thor Annual #1 1:50 Adams variant
  • Spawn #1 3D Mocca variant
  • Avengers vs X-Men #1 1:100 variant

And there you have it. Discuss. hm

Prices are not any different then when I have 12 or so copies of it. I thought they have stayed steady over last 3 years or so.