• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

I saw this listing last night and I had to stop and look at the bid price a couple times. What is so special about this book that it commands $50+?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-HARLEY-QUINN-1-1ST-PRINT-ALEX-ROSS-JOKER-/300738083816?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item460562fbe8

In competition with Batman Adventures #12 as 1st appearance of Harley Quinn in DC continuity. Apparently Batman Adventures #12 doesn't count because it's based of the cartoon. (shrug)

BA # 12 counts, it is premium priced too, it's just that this one also counts and it's ross and it's really pretty.

I sold a copy last month for $50. really sharp, might be a 9.8. so maybe i should have waited a month! then again, i got it out of a dollar box (which is why the condition was so surprising), so i'm pretty happy anyway.

i believe there is a 2d print of this as well, so folks need to be careful.

You mean there is a 2nd Print of Batman Harley Quinn right?

Books I found that have at least 2 bids, are selling for more than $10 and are not variants in the Modern Age on eBay are the following:

• Cursed Pirate Girl #2
  • Batman Adventures #12
  • NYX #3
  • Batman: Vengeance of Bane #nn
  • Thief of Thieves #1
  • Harbinger #1 (1991)
  • Deadpool #48
  • Detective Comics #1

And three variants that I noticed had multiple listings all doing rather well:

• Amazing Spider-Man #688 J.Scott Cambpell Variant
  • Eternal Warrior 1 Gold Flat Variant
  • Wolverine 310 Mcguinness Cover Variant

All these and more can be found over on the The Market everyday. Now with an "All Age" category so you can see which comics are the most active/expensive/watched in our hobby as voted by eBay users!

I really enjoy your site and check it out often! Just wondering - is there a way to filter out variant books on your site?

Yes. But like anything it takes time and hard work. I will put it on a list of things for me to get done. Good idea man. :headbang:

I saw this listing last night and I had to stop and look at the bid price a couple times. What is so special about this book that it commands $50+?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-HARLEY-QUINN-1-1ST-PRINT-ALEX-ROSS-JOKER-/300738083816?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item460562fbe8

In competition with Batman Adventures #12 as 1st appearance of Harley Quinn in DC continuity. Apparently Batman Adventures #12 doesn't count because it's based of the cartoon. (shrug)

BA # 12 counts, it is premium priced too, it's just that this one also counts and it's ross and it's really pretty.

I sold a copy last month for $50. really sharp, might be a 9.8. so maybe i should have waited a month! then again, i got it out of a dollar box (which is why the condition was so surprising), so i'm pretty happy anyway.

You mean there is a 2nd Print of Batman Harley Quinn right?

:ohm

If there's a second print, I've never seen it. There are 3 prints of the Batman Adventures Mad Love book but I don't think so on the Ross book.

If there's a second print, I've never seen it. There are 3 prints of the Batman Adventures Mad Love book but I don't think so on the Ross book.

Apparently, there are 3 prints of Batman: Harley Quinn

Apparently, there are 3 prints of Batman: Harley Quinn

Beat me to it - 3 printings just like Mad Love.

Vengeance of Bane is a title to keep a very close on eye on, imo, in terms of market response to films.

It's a tough call on whether not to sell VOB now, or wait until after the film has been released to the public. The reaction to this film, instead of the hype leading up to it, may actually have a greater influence on any market movement, similar to the Avengers.

I decided to go early and I've got a copy in the MCS auction as we speak. It finishes the day before the movie opens so we'll see.

I sold my CGC 9.8 2x SS VOB No. 1 for $599 via the LCS on feebay ... selling before the movie is 100% safer than waiting until the movie is released, but who knows this film could make Bane one of the most popular villians. God knows the manner in which his character was written for the new 52 in Dark Knight is deserving of a reboot. It was a lame take on his character. What little I've seen of his origin in the DK Rises seems very cool.

Vengeance of Bane is a title to keep a very close on eye on, imo, in terms of market response to films.

It's a tough call on whether not to sell VOB now, or wait until after the film has been released to the public. The reaction to this film, instead of the hype leading up to it, may actually have a greater influence on any market movement, similar to the Avengers.

I decided to go early and I've got a copy in the MCS auction as we speak. It finishes the day before the movie opens so we'll see.

sell it NOW..... as soon as the film comes out and the hype of the film dies down VOB will return to it's regular price....

it reminds me of Amazing Spidey 300 (1st Venom)(raw was I think $100-$150 maybe even more)(IMHO), it was skyrocketing before Spiderman 3 (the movie) came out... but after the movie, and the hype died down, it went back to $50-$75........

it reminds me of Amazing Spidey 300 (1st Venom)(raw was I think $100-$150 maybe even more)(IMHO), it was skyrocketing before Spiderman 3 (the movie) came out... but after the movie, and the hype died down, it went back to $50-$75........

Spidey three sucked though. I think DKR is going to be much better.

Just looking on ebay, the WD 100 escape variant from the Petco field event is looking solid. Couple of bids over $100 at the moment.

it was a solid $150 book not long ago. first 3 sold for $250+. starting today, you'll probably see A LOT getting put on ebay. price should continue dropping.

Just looking on ebay, the WD 100 escape variant from the Petco field event is looking solid. Couple of bids over $100 at the moment.

it was a solid $150 book not long ago. first 3 sold for $250+. starting today, you'll probably see A LOT getting put on ebay. price should continue dropping.

:wishluck: I'm not paying over $100 for that. I think it's going to end up having a print run in the 1,000's. U can get a #81 comicspro with a print run of 200 for cheaper. :insane:

not heating up 'yet' but Peter Panzerfaust should be heating up soon......annoucned today at SDCC a deal with the BBC is in the works for a motion comic and possibly a tv show. Get em while they're cheap.

:wishluck: I'm not paying over $100 for that. I think it's going to end up having a print run in the 1,000's. U can get a #81 comicspro with a print run of 200 for cheaper. :insane:

It would cost you that to go do the run and get the book. Price of the ticket, plus the fees, is about $95 (if you bought the $80 ticket or about $85 if you bought the $70 ticket). I don't really expect to see it drop much below $100 in the near future.

Except that they had to likely print a pretty sizeable overrun just in case they sold the 30k in tickets that were alloyed for this event. Those leftovers will end up in the secondary market one way or another. Plus I'm sure opportunists will be at the end gate waving twenty dollar bills at the "survivors".

$50 book in two months time.