• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,857 posts in this topic

OK, got it.

And...we were actually discussing ASM 441 in that quote above :gossip:

That book is definitely NOT hot.

I'm fairly certain whetteon meant to write ASM #431 instead of #441 :gossip:

ASM #441 has zero active auctions on eBay, so it wouldn't show up on the list no matter what - ASM #431, however, has a single auction that fulfills his criteria (listed in the Modern age category, is currently above $10 and has more than 2 bids).

As of this post, it actually looks like this book has either cooled down or remained flat.

one sold yesterday for $15 and one also sold for $30. the one that sold for $15 is listed as VF/NM whereas the other was listed as NM. there's one at $12 with 2 hours left. let's see where that ends, and then we can get an idea if it's dropping or not. there's also one with 3 days left at $10

Which is my point ... a criteria of "an auction with more than 2 bids which is currently above $10" gives you no indication whether a book is hot or not.

Amazing Spider-Man 441 is a spidey fan favorite. Carnage + Silver Surfer = awesome!

Malibu Sun 13 is the 1st appearance of Spawn which seems to have a ton of fans lately.

Nightwing 4 ... no clue. (shrug)

ASM 430/431 are the Carnage/SS issues. :gossip:

441 is the last issue in the 1963 numbering run.

Nightwing 4 may simply be a reflection of order drop-offs. 2c

:pullhair: I meant 431. That's the one popping up. doh!

As of this post, it actually looks like this book has either cooled down or remained flat.

one sold yesterday for $15 and one also sold for $30. the one that sold for $15 is listed as VF/NM whereas the other was listed as NM. there's one at $12 with 2 hours left. let's see where that ends, and then we can get an idea if it's dropping or not. there's also one with 3 days left at $10

Which is my point ... a criteria of "an auction with more than 2 bids which is currently above $10" gives you no indication whether a book is hot or not.

actually, your point was that this book looks to be cooling down, to which i said lets wait until this auction closes, then we'll know. one copy is at $15, another is at $10 with 3 days to go. another is at .99 with 6 days to go. the other 3 auctions are over priced. i disagree with you. it may be cooling down, but i'd say this book is worth looking for right now. "hot" may be subjective, but i'd say it's hot right now. in a few days, maybe not. but right now, you can profit off this book easily.

Edited by Hawkman

As always, I'm open for suggestions on improving the search. Feel free to give me a more rigorous detailed list of rules that I should follow. :hi:

As always, I'm open for suggestions on improving the search. Feel free to give me a more rigorous detailed list of rules that I should follow. :hi:

It doesn't say what's "hot" but it is a good indicator of what is selling and has at least two people going after it.

Works for me. (thumbs u

i prefer you keep it as is.

actually, your point was that this book looks to be cooling down, to which i said lets wait until this auction closes, then we'll know. one copy is at $15, another is at $10 with 3 days to go. another is at .99 with 6 days to go. the other 3 auctions are over priced. i disagree with you. it may be cooling down, but i'd say this book is worth looking for right now. "hot" may be subjective, but i'd say it's hot right now. in a few days, maybe not. but right now, you can profit off this book easily.

No, my point was that "as of this post, it actually looks like this book has either cooled down or remained flat" - which is correct. Last two sales were $15 and $30, and none of the three auctions on eBay had surpassed those numbers when I wrote the post.

They may still do so, but at that point they hadn't :thumbsup:

Isn't Malibu Sun techinically the 1st Spawn?

Not a knock on you, obviously, but I can't believe people are considering a solicitation mag a first appearance. I mean, technically, Previews probably has the first appearances of half of new modern characters.

Maybe I should go stockpile whatever issue of previews shows the cover image of NYX #3 or, better yet, Walking Dead #1!! Previews #25896712 - the first appearance of Rick Grimes!

lol

Great point!

However, I bet there are quite a few people out there who would buy the Previews mag that first solicited WD #1.

Not a knock on you, obviously, but I can't believe people are considering a solicitation mag a first appearance. I mean, technically, Previews probably has the first appearances of half of new modern characters.

Maybe I should go stockpile whatever issue of previews shows the cover image of NYX #3 or, better yet, Walking Dead #1!! Previews #25896712 - the first appearance of Rick Grimes!

lol

Great point!

However, I bet there are quite a few people out there who would buy the Previews mag that first solicited WD #1.

i would, BUT i wouldn't pay anything more than cover price for it.

I have zero problems with the search - it's the incorrect label I find troublesome :hi:

All the other lists you have on your site have labels that are factually true - "Most Bids", "Most Watched", "Most Expensive", etc. But saying that books are heating up on eBay when you're not comparing them to historical sales data and the auctions aren't even over yet is wrong - it's not supported by your data, and it seems to lead to confusion every time you post with people asking "what's up with book X" even though, in fact, there's nothing up with book X.

That's all, really.

I have zero problems with the search - it's the incorrect label I find troublesome :hi:

All the other lists you have on your site have labels that are factually true - "Most Bids", "Most Watched", "Most Expensive", etc. But saying that books are heating up on eBay when you're not comparing them to historical sales data and the auctions aren't even over yet is wrong - it's not supported by your data, and it seems to lead to confusion every time you post with people asking "what's up with book X" even though, in fact, there's nothing up with book X.

That's all, really.

what if he changed the title? maybe something like "books that might be worth looking for?", only better. lol

That's all, really.

what if he changed the title? maybe something like "books that might be worth looking for?", only better. lol

How about "Comics to watch"?

That's all, really.

How about "Comics to watch"?

there you go.

lol

Great point!

i would, BUT i wouldn't pay anything more than cover price for it.

Oh yes, you would. :grin:

i'll take 100 of these (nm/m) for $2 each...

78b4baa1-9200-4c05-bab1-e6feede7dfe9.jpg

How about 2 for $100?

I thought you said it was a .50 book?

it is, in vf condition. you asked for nm/m and those are SUPER RARE.