• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I ordered 500 copies of 222.Got 11 copies of the chase variant.I was pretty disappointed when we saw the cover had been changed.All I could think about was all the presales I had made. So I got online and saw the chase variant.Went back to the 2 boxes of 222 I had and started digging. Got 5 out of 1 box and 6 out of the other. Wasn't until we sold 8 of the 11 that I found out there were only 400! Now today...1 of each of the 3 covers sold on Ebay for $260!! CRAZY!!!

If they couldn't get the solicit right for which cover goes on which issue, what makes you guys think they are right about the 400 chases being for this issue, this cover? Or even that the 400 is the right number?

Edited by 400yrs

If they couldn't get the solicit right for which cover goes on which issue, what makes you guys think they are right about the 400 chases being for this issue, this cover? Or even that the 400 is the right number?

just playing, but you of all people questioning the number 400 seems odd.

I ordered 500 copies of 222.Got 11 copies of the chase variant.I was pretty disappointed when we saw the cover had been changed.All I could think about was all the presales I had made. So I got online and saw the chase variant.Went back to the 2 boxes of 222 I had and started digging. Got 5 out of 1 box and 6 out of the other. Wasn't until we sold 8 of the 11 that I found out there were only 400! Now today...1 of each of the 3 covers sold on Ebay for $260!! CRAZY!!!

You sold 24 copies of the chase variant on ebay?

he pretty clearly states he got 11 copies, where did you gt 24? (shrug)

must be a law thing :makepoint:

I was asking. Hence the question mark. On ebay completed listings "Comickings" sold 24 copies of Spawn 22. :makepoint: I know everyone hates attorneys, but I'm a comic guy - you can give me the benefit of the doubt.

I may have become jaded w/ all the gimmicks covers, but I think that's a very reasonable explanation. I'm still wondering why the WD cover got dumped at the last minute. I hope it wasn't a money thing b/w McFarlane and Kirkman.

I may have become jaded w/ all the gimmicks covers, but I think that's a very reasonable explanation. I'm still wondering why the WD cover got dumped at the last minute. I hope it wasn't a money thing b/w McFarlane and Kirkman.

Don't forget Mr. Moore.

I was asking. Hence the question mark. On ebay completed listings "Comickings" sold 24 copies of Spawn 22. :makepoint: I know everyone hates attorneys, but I'm a comic guy - you can give me the benefit of the doubt.

Don't know why it's showing you that many. In less than 24 hours we sold (8) of the 3 cover sets on Ebay and (1) set in the store between $99-$129. That was before I found out there were only 400 copies(supposedly).... I lucked out on Ebay early Wednesday and found a "Buy it Now" on the chase for $6.95...haven't recieved it yet,so still crossing my fingers on that one! Just did miss one that was listed for $5.99 "Buy it Now". A few hours later more hit at $40-$60 with Buy it Nows and everyone got snapped up immediately....then a guy put one at $100...sold...then the $260/set auction last night,and here we are.

400 copies total? Possibly. But I figured there would be a big jump in orders because it was supposed to be the Walking Dead issue. Maybe the chase was a bonus McFarlane threw in there for the retailers that did order a lot anticipating the Walking Dead. I was pretty pissed when I opened the boxes and saw that Tremor cover staring back at me. Just thinking about having to email everybody I presold to and explain what happened,pretty much sucked. But selling that chase variant sure did make up for it all!