• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

The only way we will know is if we get a P.M. to join the club.

Kinda defeats the purpose of an open forum doesn't it?

Call me crazy but the lurkers help the secondary market don't they?

Trying to understand the thought process here.

If your information is that valuable why would u share period?

comics that SHOULD be heatin' up on Ebay:

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 issues:

Must Have 1-2

8 Thanos Variant

25 Skotty Young Variant

#1 2nd Print

Silver Surfer Dangerous Artifacts

Walking Dead 102 2nd Print ( Nowhere Men Preview )

Batman 656

DHP 19

Wendy Whitebread Undercover Slut

Edited by MrWeen

Booooo to the idea of taking a very popular thread and turning it private. Doesn't everyone want the community here to grow with more active members? Having a thread that is regularly lurked and comes up high in search results is a great beacon to attract more people to this community. Why try to actively avoid that?

Really good deals. I live next door to one and I've found issues of Mind MGMT #1, Peter Panzerfaust #2 & #3, Saga #1, Revival #1 and multiple copies of Nowhere Men #1.

My hastings doesn't get PP or NWM

I definitely picked a bad time to find this thread if the PM thing happens.

Nah. There are plenty of very knowledgeable people on this forum who enjoy sharing their wisdom.

Really good deals. I live next door to one and I've found issues of Mind MGMT #1, Peter Panzerfaust #2 & #3, Saga #1, Revival #1 and multiple copies of Nowhere Men #1.

My hastings doesn't get PP or NWM

Hastings is really tough. Each Hastings only get's what their main distributor sends them. You can't even request books there. They could at anytime stop getting PP and there would be nothing to do about it.

I definitely picked a bad time to find this thread if the PM thing happens.

Nah. There are plenty of very knowledgeable people on this forum who enjoy sharing their wisdom.

LISTEN TO ME! and ONLY ME!!!!

I AM the ORACLE of modern comics!!!

Buuuuuwaaaahhhhhhh!

The same mentality that drives people to wait hours in line for the newest IPhone....or days for tickets to a movie that is going to be out in theaters for 6 months....or standing in the November cold weather for hours (or more) for Black Friday sales....

Everyone wants what's the newest and they want to be first.

i dont think anyone wants to see this thread go away. I certainly am going to continue posting in it.

I think what people want, is a place to post things like:

20 copies of book X available on abc-comics.com

for their friends to get, without the entire thing vaporizing before people even read it. What's heating up on ebay is publicly available information. This is a thread to bring it all together and share easily, i wouldnt see that ever stopping.

At the same time, why not PM your friends tips, if non-contributing members are just buying everything posted here before the people who actually talk do.

Edited by CBT

i cant understand why people are going crazy over the ECCC Lost Vegas'

its a mini series that is going to have the "virus" variant as well

I picked up the ECCC variant just cause I like the cover. Not going variant hunting on this though.

Walking Dead 102 2nd Print ( Nowhere Men Preview )

Not just the 2nd print.

That NWM preview is terrible. It's 3 pages of no information. It's the reason I decided not to buy the book and now I'm kicking myself. I started the NWM thread after I read the preview and have still yet to buy or read any of them because the price exploded so quickly.

for their friends to get, without the entire thing vaporizing before people even read it. What's heating up on ebay is publicly available information. This is a thread to bring it all together and share easily, i wouldnt see that ever stopping.

At the same time, why not PM your friends tips, if non-contributing members are just buying everything posted here before the people who actually talk do.

Why set limits on how many people can be your friend? Or have a gate keeping ritual of participation in place before they are bestowed current stock knowledge?

I guess I see the situation as people wanting to purposely choose how their "goodwill" is disseminated. I don't see the reason to limit something that is so positive for the growth of the community we all belong to (whether we post or not). I'm not exactly an old-timer here but I created an account because a Google search aimed at PGX vs CGC brought me here. After that I spent weeks on the forums looking at the wealth of information that was publicly available to this community before I ever created an account.

The idea of keeping information you want to "share" private reminds me a lot of this:

i cant understand why people are going crazy over the ECCC Lost Vegas'

(shrug)

+1 (shrug)

I'm looking forward to reading it, but it's probably going to ultimately fall prey to the 'out of sight, out of mind' fate that befalls mini-series after they end.

Talked to Jim McCan about this today. Like many new image books, its a mini that will turn into an ongoing or a series of minis if it sells. It's not a planned one and done mini.