• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

Now we wait to see how many people actually pay for their issues they've claimed in my sales thread. Already getting some resistance.

Explain to them they will end up here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1646534#Post1646534

And as foretold by JJ a few months ago...

It Begins...

Going to be a fun rest of the year folks!

I missed that. What did jjeanius foretell?

So what new releases are worth picking up, or what ones will heat up eBay ?

I'm not seeing anything new as of today. Usually tomorrow is when things start to get really crazy. :shy:

I like crazy. :makepoint::whee:

Hot Trendy Comics that are CGC'ed (and not SS): (thumbs u

Sixth Gun #1 CGC 9.8 800 pound gorilla in the room at the moment @ $500 & 17 bids.

Peter Panzerfaust #1 CGC 9.8 @ $455 & 42 bids.

NYX #3 CGC 9.8 @ $157+ & 22 bids. (I think this is a real key among the Modern Age)

Iron Man #282 CGC 9.8 @ $142 & 16 bids.

Rai-Fan #1 CGC 9.8 @ $65 & 2 bids.

What would the best strategy be for selling two copies of Star Wars #2 sketch variant???

I don't actually sell often, so not always sure what the best venue is. Since I'm not an actual retailer, I'm not doing volume sales/fast sell-through.

1-Boards?

2-Ebay?

2a) auction, Buy It Now, But It Now with best offers?

3-Amazon?

Trying to maximize price (obviously), so don't need to dump them immediately.

I've noticed that a couple went either the day of or a day before release for $149 each, then release day and after, seemed to be going for $49-$69 each. If I can get over $100 per issue, I'd be happy.

The market is deciding what you already said $49-69 per. Graded in 9.8 they will sell for $100+, raw...your just fighting retailers who threw it online and any profit for them is good profit.

What would the best strategy be for selling two copies of Star Wars #2 sketch variant???

I don't actually sell often, so not always sure what the best venue is. Since I'm not an actual retailer, I'm not doing volume sales/fast sell-through.

1-Boards?

2-Ebay?

2a) auction, Buy It Now, But It Now with best offers?

3-Amazon?

Trying to maximize price (obviously), so don't need to dump them immediately.

I've noticed that a couple went either the day of or a day before release for $149 each, then release day and after, seemed to be going for $49-$69 each. If I can get over $100 per issue, I'd be happy.

You'll take what you get and be happy about it! :baiting:

The market is deciding what you already said $49-69 per. Graded in 9.8 they will sell for $100+, raw...your just fighting retailers who threw it online and any profit for them is good profit.

Sounds about right.

I mean, I payed $10 and $50 for them. So overall, I would probably make profit.

Just trying to figure out which way would maximize. I did think that once the initial deluge of copies get bought, that there might be a void that I put fill them with.

Sixth Gun #1 CGC 9.8 800 pound gorilla in the room at the moment @ $500 & 17 bids.

NYX #3 CGC 9.8 @ $157+ & 22 bids. (I think this is a real key among the Modern Age)

The thing to keep in mind with that SG 9.8 is the seller. I believe it's the same person who was posting and relisting the same Revival #1 9.8SS last month.

He or She was also called out in the marketplace section for doing just that.

It may keep some people from bidding on this auction.

The thing to keep in mind with that SG 9.8 is the seller. I believe it's the same person who was posting and relisting the same Revival #1 9.8SS last month.

He or She was also called out in the marketplace section for doing just that.

It may keep some people from bidding on this auction.

the thing to keep in mind is all 17 of those bids came in before the show went kablooey

Guess I'll quit lurking and make an account.

So any other speculation on other Comic Book Pilots that'll never get picked up?

Not sure on your question but WTTB!