• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

What the hell is Hastings?

Here in Canada, it's a street where 30% of the population has HIV.

I can see why nobody expects to buy comics there.

Drive south into WA state. You'll find some. :gossip:

What? Bookstores, or the HIV?

lol

2012 books > 2013 books for image and money making

i dont think 2014 will be much better. cats outta the bag fellas

For the month it lasted, the DC 3D covers were a great gold mine. lol

I walked into a Hastings book store today and they still have a few DC 3D cover books on the shelf for cover price. Just proves your point on how quickly they died....

All books are always cover price at Hastings. They did die, but a book just being cover at Hastings has nothing to do with it. Hastings just doesn't know/care about their comic book section.

That's the reason I ended up with 20 copies of Sixth Gun at the height of it's value.

+1 on the Sixth Gun selection at Hastings. I'd bet there are still copies of #1 at some locations that missed the bubble completely. My brother and I easily moved through 20 copies as well.

And I just found out about the Hastings store chain about a month ago through a Facebook page. They don't have any stores in Illinois (where I moved here from). And my point was that there are still DC 3D cover books on their new release rack.

Ah..that's definitely the case. Hastings is my number one store for picking up books. The best thing is that if I call the one in my town and they have the book I'm looking for, that means that almost every other Hastings has the same book. They also will order the most random books. Found 3 sets of Number Cruncher there the other day.

Also, I know there's still a copy of TSG #1 at a store in OK and one in Alexandria, LA.

I really like the latest issue of batman zero year. The riddler story is gonna be fun

It is the best modern book right now. If/when Snyder leaves the next writer will have their hands full trying to match it.

I've always enjoyed reading batman no matter who the writer or artist is. But Snyder Grant Morrison has taken batman to a whole new level of entertainment.

I really like the latest issue of batman zero year. The riddler story is gonna be fun

It is the best modern book right now. If/when Snyder leaves the next writer will have their hands full trying to match it.

I've always enjoyed reading batman no matter who the writer or artist is. But Snyder Grant Morrison has taken batman to a whole new level of entertainment.

+1

The entire JLA for that matter. Morrison was extraordinarily creative.

+1

I'm a big fan of Grant, so I'm going to +2.

I'm also a fan of +2s.

+1

I'm a big fan of Grant, so I'm going to +2.

I'm also a fan of +2s.

lol

+5, morrison did such a good job with his bat epic, it made me fall in love with the charecter all over again. The level of creativity and imagination in his run makes you realize that anything is possible.

+5, morrison did such a good job with his bat epic, it made me fall in love with the charecter all over again. The level of creativity and imagination in his run makes you realize that anything is possible.

I also really enjoyed Morrison's run on Batman, I just didn't want to see Damian go. It's funny, I've seen a lot of people hate on what Morrison did on Batman, but I liked everything about it even though it was out there. I enjoyed the Dicky Grayson Batman and his dynamic with Damian especially in the first Batman and Robin series. It really injected new life into a book that was getting pretty stale before Morrison took over.

And now with what Snyder's done I've just been spoiled with Bat-greatness.

I also really enjoyed Morrison's run on Batman, I just didn't want to see Damian go. It's funny, I've seen a lot of people hate on what Morrison did on Batman, but I liked everything about it even though it was out there. I enjoyed the Dicky Grayson Batman and his dynamic with Damian especially in the first Batman and Robin series. It really injected new life into a book that was getting pretty stale before Morrison took over.

I def miss Grayson as Batman and hope that DC does something with Ellie down the road.

What the hell is Hastings?

Here in Canada, it's a street where 30% of the population has HIV.

I can see why nobody expects to buy comics there.

Haha you must live in Vancouver. I went up for a concert and didn't know the area and my buddy got us a hotel on Hastings St. I'm surprised I'm still alive....

Harley Quinn's run look to be selling for $5-10 an issue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Quinn-1-38-COMPLETE-SET-NM-MT-HTF-HOT-1st-PRINT-HoT-HTF-DC-Comics-/151140995683?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2330b49263

Edited by Apollo34