• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

I'll be making my LCS rounds today when they put the new books out even though they're not for sale yet, to get an idea of which shops ordered heavy or light.

Already know of one place that only got 8 copies (all spoken for) which makes no sense because they usually get a minimum of 25 for a new Image title. I guess there's just too many new series coming out and they got stuck with piles of Ego and Apocalypse Al so they cut back a bit

No better way to kill the buzz than variant overload.....my bedlam box reminds me of that daily

Not as bad as Deadly Class at least. I still have to get the Southern Bastards variants, but like with Nailbiter I'm only going after the covers I really like, or ones I can buy locally like the Phantom...

Bedlam and Sheltered are the only titles I have every variant for. Love the covers and love the books. Ok, I don't like the regular cover for Sheltered #1, Lucas looks too feminine

And what's so scary about someone biting your nails? Are we running dry on perversions for serial killers? What's next?

Dishwasher - cleans your dinnerware before eating your face?

Dogwalker - Makes sure Fluffy is exercised with a short walk around town before eating your face?

Pillowadjuster - makes sure you're comfy in bed before eating your face?

:roflmao:

No better way to kill the buzz than variant overload.....my bedlam box reminds me of that daily

*shrug*

Boardies seemed to spank it last week with Southern Bastards & ASM #1 despite the variants.

This one will perform just fine...

Yea I skipped bedlam too :)

I smile when I remember that I spent no money on Bedlam & Nowhere Men.

You missed the boat.

Both had incredible "windows"

In general, Modern comics as speculative plays are NOT meant to be held long-term.

You missed the boat.

In general, Modern comics as speculative plays are NOT meant to be held long-term.

:gossip: hey don't give up your secrets to all the lurkers in here.

I'm more of a collector anyway and don't do a lot of quick flipping of moderns. I prefer to spend Saturdays dumpster diving at flea markets for the thousands of issues on my want list.

You missed the boat.

So true. Most of these titles won't be remembered in 5 years.

You missed the boat.

+1

I sold over 30 copies of NWM #1 for $25 - $40 apiece that I bought at or less than cover. The title still has some legs. I sold a set of all printings for #1-6 for $70 a month ago and my few remaining sets/copies of #1 will slowly go out when the new issues finally hit.

I did not get in on Bedlam in a big way, thankfully, and only had a couple of copies, but I made money on them as well.

Yikes.. reminds me of Bedlam. Serial killer, new series, lots of variants. I'm treading lightly on this one.

I don't see any traction in Naibiter. I will skim before buying Where are the good science fiction writers at?

I don't see any traction in Naibiter

It's not out yet.

Yikes.. reminds me of Bedlam. Serial killer, new series, lots of variants. I'm treading lightly on this one.

I don't see any traction in Naibiter. I will skim before buying Where are the good science fiction writers at?

I don't see any traction in Naibiter

It's not out yet.

Hehe

I've only seen a couple of sales on ebay and the reviews are average or slightly above but midtown sold out of the first 2 issues of Haunted by Red 5 faster than I would have expected.

Reviews

http://www.comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/red-5-comics/haunted/1

The books

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/search.asp?q=Haunted+%28red+5&os=1&reld=1/1/1900&reld2=1/1/1900&furl=pl=16@@q=Haunted+%28red+5

This is a mini and maybe no big deal but somebody mentioned Last of Us and it made me think of this series. It was mentioned on the comicsheatingup site not too long ago. I guessing somebody has a copy on the shelf at your LCS as this just came out last week.

I've only seen a couple of sales on ebay and the reviews are average or slightly above but midtown sold out of the first 2 issues of Haunted by Red 5 faster than I would have expected.

Reviews

http://www.comicbookroundup.com/comic-books/reviews/red-5-comics/haunted/1

The books

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/search.asp?q=Haunted+%28red+5&os=1&reld=1/1/1900&reld2=1/1/1900&furl=pl=16@@q=Haunted+%28red+5

This is a mini and maybe no big deal but somebody mentioned Last of Us and it made me think of this series. It was mentioned on the comicsheatingup site not too long ago. I guessing somebody has a copy on the shelf at your LCS as this just came out last week.

I believe this has already been optioned, which is part of the brewing interest... :gossip: