• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,861 posts in this topic

Saga only has crossover appeal if they read the comic....i doubt it will ever be on tv

I also have a hard time seeing Saga optioned. I'll cross my fingers and wish for a l high quality trilogy one day though. Oh, dreams. :cloud9:

I think the best shot would be an animated short series. or a trilogy of animated movies.

Otherwise budget would get too crazy

Edited by Revat

I maybe biased here because I am a BKV fan and I love saga. I have a 9.8 registry of the entire run, that's how much I love the series.

However, I believe that Saga has bigger crossover appeal than Outcast. The Sci-Fi content appeals to a wider demographic from males to females.

Outcast's content is so niche being the horror genre. I understand that Kirkman has a loyal following, but we have to keep in mind BKV and Fiona Staples do as well.

I want Outcast to succeed . I have a stack of #1s in my shortbox so I hope I am proven wrong.

Dont worry, with its current sale status, 80K+ copies of #1 selling out + 6 reprints and a TV show coming, this book doesnt need any good fortune wishes

I totally understand that Saga is appreciated more as an indie title than Outcast, being that Outcast has a much more commercial promise, but that doesnt mean that one is good and the other bad. Just 2 different beasts

Who really cares? Relax, sit back, and enjoy the ride. 2c

Edited by natevegas

I maybe biased here because I am a BKV fan and I love saga. I have a 9.8 registry of the entire run, that's how much I love the series.

However, I believe that Saga has bigger crossover appeal than Outcast. The Sci-Fi content appeals to a wider demographic from males to females.

Outcast's content is so niche being the horror genre. I understand that Kirkman has a loyal following, but we have to keep in mind BKV and Fiona Staples do as well.

I want Outcast to succeed . I have a stack of #1s in my shortbox so I hope I am proven wrong.

And what about zombies?

Jeff- Zombies are kewl. I guess . lol

Dont worry, with its current sale status, 80K+ copies of #1 selling out + 6 reprints and a TV show coming, this book doesnt need any good fortune wishes

80K copies of #1 is impressive. How much is it averaging a month on comicchron? I have not been paying attention to sales. :sorry:

that includes reprints.....it's settled to around 26k as of last month...4th highest image though so not bad. Wonder if the lack of store variants has hurt totals.

Thanks Krighton. 26k is not bad.

80k print run was for 1st print only.. there have been 5 reprints ever since then

And what about zombies?

Zombies bring in both male and female viewers as well as readers but Rick's piercing blue eyes have come up in several conversations I had with females about the show more so than the zombies . (shrug)

And what about zombies?

Zombies bring in both male and female viewers as well as readers but Rick's piercing blue eyes have come up in several conversations I had with females about the show more so than the zombies . (shrug)

:roflmao: too rich

that includes reprints.....it's settled to around 26k as of last month...4th highest image though so not bad. Wonder if the lack of store variants has hurt totals.

Thanks Krighton. 26k is not bad.

80k print run was for 1st print only.. there have been 5 reprints ever since then

Not that it matters too much but comichron lists outcast 1 at 71k

Ive said this before, but the plot of Saga was brilliant. Where I thought the book went wrong was making it adult oriented content. Great story poor choice of where to drive the content. It didn't need to be adult oriented to be successful. Big turn off for me.

Outcast will draw a different audience. Will it be more successful? Short term I extremely doubt it, but it might pull a cult following past the WD crossovers and really have a healthy long run. The print run though will always keep the growth from achieving Saga value I think.

Sold two Marvel Contest of Champions #1 1:25 Yu Variant last night for $30 each on eBay. Still have 1 more listed...

This book is about to take a back seat to Deadpool #1. White Fox makes her 1st FULL appearance in issue #1 of All New All Different Marvel Deadpool.

And what about zombies?

Jeff- Zombies are kewl. I guess . lol

Seems to me it was nothing more than a niche. ;)

And what about zombies?

Wd Is "Days of our lives" with a zombie backdrop. No reason that can't happen with another Kirkman title.

Sold two Marvel Contest of Champions #1 1:25 Yu Variant last night for $30 each on eBay. Still have 1 more listed...

This book is about to take a back seat to Deadpool #1. White Fox makes her 1st FULL appearance in issue #1 of All New All Different Marvel Deadpool.

how so...she's on the cover of Contest of Champions and in 3 pages of CoC.

And what about zombies?

Wd Is "Days of our lives" with a zombie backdrop. No reason that can't happen with another Kirkman title.

:roflmao:

Some say Y the Last Man is a comic version of The Notebook with a monkey :baiting: