• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,822 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what the print run of Kirkman's Invincible #1 was?

First issue seems to be selling consistently in the $200+ range, and it's 100+ issues strong in to its run, but I never hear buzz about it as a spec book. The first arc seems like good material for a movie, especially now that Marvel has established the basics of the "Super-Hero genre" in the wider public consciousness.

icv2.com for January 2003 says 9,975 in the #157 position in the Top 300

that includes reprints.....it's settled to around 26k as of last month...4th highest image though so not bad. Wonder if the lack of store variants has hurt totals.

Thanks Krighton. 26k is not bad.

80k print run was for 1st print only.. there have been 5 reprints ever since then

Not that it matters too much but comichron lists outcast 1 at 71k

Yeah, icv2.com had it as 71,788 in the #11 spot of the Top 300 for June of 2014

Sold two Marvel Contest of Champions #1 1:25 Yu Variant last night for $30 each on eBay. Still have 1 more listed...

This book is about to take a back seat to Deadpool #1. White Fox makes her 1st FULL appearance in issue #1 of All New All Different Marvel Deadpool.

how so...she's on the cover of Contest of Champions and in 3 pages of CoC.

Huh? I read it too fast and missed her completely in the issue I guess. However, Gambit had more panels than that in the X-Men Annual and everyone still called it a Cameo.

We shall see I guess.

CoC is probably going to be White Fox's 1st app. Though I admit the hobby assigns these things pretty randomly.

X-Men Annual #14 is unique in that it was released out of schedule, so collectors have an easy excuse to dismiss it and go for X-Men #266 which has Gambit on the cover.

F6FD2629-92F9-45AC-9A07-4E048952F830.jpg

7C6E584C-8C7E-4690-BCD0-C7E440E1B367.jpg

35F10BBC-27BB-4FAD-98C4-BAA8A4342F63.jpg

496D017C-9FEF-47BB-BE4D-3F094FA75C39.jpg

Captain Marvel 16 (2004)

First Phyla-Vell

Possibly cast in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy 2 movie.

Ha...wrong.

Pom Klementieff will either be Mantis or Moondragon.

Before they actually announce it, let's have all of those issues go up! :whee:

Just sell what people are buying. Makes things easy.

but not accurate.

Wait... how are actual sales not an indicator of what people are buying?

Easy, Ween just wanted to inflate his post count. ;)

Captain Marvel 16 (2004)

First Phyla-Vell

Possibly cast in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy 2 movie.

Ha...wrong.

Pom Klementieff will either be Mantis or Moondragon.

Before they actually announce it, let's have all of those issues go up! :whee:

they all went up years ago, when the rumors first started. Still have copies of mantis and moondragon's firsts from back then actually.

Moondragon was always the leading candidate, and I still think the most likely. While Mantis is a team member in the comics, I doubt they add a second "green" female to the team. Gamora will remain the only colored alien on the team.

The talk about drax in general I think, also indicates this is the way its leaning.

My main theory about Guardians two is that it will be about the time gem, and Star-Lord trying to see his mother again (likely leading to disaster).

The time Gem could resolve Moondragon's origin issues

Mantis saw a spike when everyone thought it was her in Avengers 2 in the cave -- the scene that was cut and wasn't her anyway -- and then dropped drastically in price.

Moondragon's issues really haven't seen much action; maybe on IM 54, but more because graded copies don't come up for sale often.

And the new Quasar's first appearance can still be had for $1-$2.

I think the tv show Outcast will have a bigger 'reach' simply because it's on television.....doesn't mean it will relate to comic sales but if TWD TV fans get a whiff that Kirkman has a new show then there could be a stampede of viewers.

Saga 1 was 37,641

The only Image titles that sold more than Outcast 12 last month were TWD, Tokyo Ghost 1 and We Stand on Guard.

my wife is already going to DVR outcast simply because it sounds interesting and it is kirkman. doesn't mean we will continue watching it past the first few episodes if it is bad, but i think a lot of people are going to be like her.

nobody outside of comics associates bendis with anything

---

which one is that? captain america 217 sells for nice money if in nice shape.

New Quasar -- Captain Marvel #16 from 2004.

I have some CA 217's as well, but those have gone back down.

---

Hmm, both wrong in regards to the female Quasar.

Mantis saw a spike when everyone thought it was her in Avengers 2 in the cave -- the scene that was cut and wasn't her anyway -- and then dropped drastically in price.

Moondragon's issues really haven't seen much action; maybe on IM 54, but more because graded copies don't come up for sale often.

Mantis has spiked several different times, for different reasons, IM 54 spiked on moondragon rumors over a year ago.

The size of spikes for non-confirmed characters is always muted. It comes in two waves. Front runners push the first spike, trying to beat the curve, then the second real spikes come on confirmation as the masses descend.

Gunn sparked the main guardians bump for these characters last year when he said more females would be in Guardians 2.

For example: http://www.mtv.com/news/1919175/guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-female-characters/

There's people debating the same characters Sep 2014

Edited by CBT

The size of spikes for non-confirmed characters is always muted. It comes in two waves. Front runners push the first spike, trying to beat the curve, then the second real spikes come on confirmation as the masses descend.

Gunn sparked the main guardians bump for these characters last year when he said more females would be in Guardians 2.

Yup, exactly right. You know the market well. :banana:

---

this seems pretty good:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAPTAIN-AMERICA-217-HIGH-GRADE-9-4-9-6-COPY-1ST-QUASAR-/171938062936?hash=item28084ea258:g:snAAAOSwHjNV-x~L

lots of mid-grade copies doing pretty well too

true, i don't know where it was exactly before. i sold a nice copy here like 2 months ago for $35 i think, but i was trying not to be aggressive on the price.

Just sell what people are buying. Makes things easy. [/quote

but not accurate.

Wait... how are actual sales not an indicator of what people are buying?

Sales are. i thought you were commenting on Gambit's first appearance