• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Did it Again

1 post in this topic

I think I might need to put a leash on things.

This time I used ComicLink to win a book from my youth. The book I won wasn't one of those books I had no idea how I got. I originally got this book (among others) after I became enthralled by Marvel. The issues I bid on (and won) was a copy of Iron Man #131. I love how Bob Layron drew the classic Hulk "Smash"...um...well...Hulking above Tony Stark's body guard (remember the time when no one know Tony as Iron Man...or an alcoholic?)

The other book I placed a bid on was a book I never had. This was a copy of Incredible Hulk #107. The cover just seems to call to me. Damn Ka-Zar appearance (although I am thinking that it might be the idea of the Savage Land. Dinosaurs are cool.) I lost by the way.

Did I pay a high price for the issue? Probably, but I love the cover. The problem with ComicLink is that is costs the same to ship one book as it does to ship three so I have my eyes on two more.

I don't know why I am starting to collect outside my designated area (again) but isn't a GREAT cover a worthy excuse? I could purchase them cheaper by buying them raw (or I never should have gotten rid of them in the first place). The thing is if I don't buy them CGC graded then how can I share them with you?

There is a copy (was a copy) of The New Mutants #17 on E-bay. (Actually, he had two available). Currently that issue is one of the four I need to complete my set but the problem is what the seller is asking for is above what I think the book is worth. I tried communicating with the seller but he ignored both attempts. I have no problem spending money on a comic book, I just don't like to spend more than I think it's worth.

The October auction for ComicLink is almost done (it is). They plan on following in November with one even larger. ComicConnect plans on following suit but Heritage is already leading the way. I have a fear that November might become an expensive month for me. I won't hit 300 by the end of the year even with the 50 I decided to send in especially since the 50 I now hope to send will all be under the 9.8 screening process. Of course I have to make sure I sell them and hope nostalgia doesn't take over and beg to be kept because IF all of them are graded a 9.8 and IF I can sell all of them then the larger purchases can begin.

Thanks for reading

Tnerb.

9673.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb