• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 out of 3

2 posts in this topic

Wish me luck or Only time will tell

I check regularly the status of my invoices. (which one of you doesn't?). Two are marked as verified, the third is still marked as received. The funny thing is (ok maybe slightly amusing) is the third was the first one listed. At first I was shocked because it was marked only nine books. I sent in ten. All ten I wanted were for the signature series and could only figure out that one of the books could not be signed due to conflict of scheduling.

I found out the reason for it was that since the book in question (Marvel Graphic Novel) was a magazine size that it had to go on a separate invoice. I could live with that. With that in mind do they also go through a separate grading process. That invoice which was dated a few days later was also the first to be marked "Verified" In fact that was marked Verified before my third invoice arrived (hmmmm third invoice).

Onto that third invoice. This one was my Amazing Spider_Man #129 already signed my Stan "The Man" Lee and has now been signed by John Romita. But what of the grade. This book meas something to me, so if I ever sell it that other book or item better mean a whole hell of a lot more. This book symbolized the learning of trade. There was another book I wanted but at the time of purchase was way outside my means, especially after being turned down by a loan from my father (and you thought banks were tough).

Four years ago at Wizard World this book received a 9.2 white pages. Stan's breath alone brought the grade up to a 9.4. This time the pages suffered. I hope beyond hope by this time next week I will know the grade that it is. Will it stay a 9.4? Go back down to a 9.2, or maybe John has magic breath too and it will increase to a 9.6 ( I can dream).

I have been told to be happy with the signature...and I am....especially since I sent in my 4.5 copy of New Mutants #15. Yup big Money on that book. The other books from my first invoice were mostly 9.8's. If they don't come back as a 9.8 will I stop trying to get signatures? Will I only get signatures when they have it signed and graded the same day which is probably the only day why I enjoy Wizard World Philadelphia so much.

I still have few more out there but these were signed outside my means, including a Amazing Spider-Man #127 by Romita......

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

PS, this is not my actual book but someone who had the same book on e-Bay. I just used the picture for cataloging purposes before I knew how to take a (partially) proper photo.

9680.JPG

See more journals by Tnerb

Nice. I had a similar heart attack when I checked my invoices. I turned in Wolverine Origins #10 third claw variant for standard grading. When the invoice became verified online the #10 was listed as the Arthur Suydam Cover instead of the third claw (which I sure you know is a big difference). My heart dropped thinking the books got acidently swapped at NYCC.

I talked to the CGC and assured me that when they do the web work they fill it out from the paperwork alone and once it goes in for grading they will change the info to the proper book (hopefully).

I hope they iron out the missing book for you.

PS - Nice find on the ASM 129 and getting the autographs. I'm envious. (worship)