• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: X-men 94 CGC 8.5 VF+ OW/W (Red Label)

13 posts in this topic

Link doesn't work confused-smiley-013.gif

Hmmm...linkie workie for me-ie? PM me with your email address if you want me to send you the scan.

have you thought of resubing it? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Why, it's got some corner action on the LRC area, and wouldn't go to the 9.X level.

I have an incredible CGC 8.0 copy of a 35-cent variant, that is flawless except for an extremely light (hold to lght) LRC crease. It looks immaculate in the case, but I'd never think of resubbing it.

i've seen 9.2's that are much worse than this book, curious to see what the grader notes are. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

And just as a P.S., I'm not ragging on banner's book (it's a super looking 8.5), only stating that CGC seems to have an "automatic 8.X" grade for books with noticeable, medium-level corner creases, and that makes this book a great "looker", but not a great re-sub candidate. thumbsup2.gif

The scan is quite accurate with regards to the condition of the 8.5 - several light spine stresses, less-than-perfectly-square top corners, and a teeny corner crease bottom right corner. I submitted two copies of this book that I thought were pretty comparable, the other one is pictured below - great spine, but there's a teeny corner crease top right corner and a faint edge crease/bend right edge next to "DEATH!"

x94_9_2.jpg