• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead Beat Bidder AF 15

3,340 posts in this topic

Quite a bit less and I don't plan on paying for my winning bid OP. You wanna call eBay and ask for my nonpaying bidder strike now or wait 5 days?

Now this thread will have a little brother. :whee:

Quite a bit less and I don't plan on paying for my winning bid OP. You wanna call eBay and ask for my nonpaying bidder strike now or wait 5 days?

Slap-1.gif

This is actually not cool. I never hope that someone gets screwed. The OP was wrong for starting the thread, but he did list an item that was bid on and won, he tried to be a nice guy and will now take it in the keister.

For the future don't let friends or family bid for you, and then expect anyone to allow you to welch. This will be the first and last time that the OP makes that mistake.....I hope.

Respectfully* , no one is getting screwed here.

These are all choices an adult made regarding his own property. Those choices can lead to either profit or loss, but they are all things he did to himself.

He chose to list it, then chose not to sell it, then chose to bare his red for the world to see, chose to hide some very important facts about the buyer in an effort besmirch Lemonman and make himself look good.

Some would not call that screwed...some would call that the Karmic Wheel. Sometimes it takes you to wonderful places, sometimes it rolls over you.

Whatever it sells for it sells for, there's no screwing happening, just life lessons. Some are cheap and some aren't. Maybe the seller will have learned something (ANYTHING) from all this, but that might be asking too much.

* copyright John Curlis 2011.

I will absolutely agree with what you are saying. But it is enough that people are reveling in the fact that he will not get the same price.

From a completely objective viewpoint, the OP allowed the buyer to back out of the deal. From a subjective viewpoint, that occurred after much public complaining and excuses about family members making unauthorized bids. The buyer welched on his win and I could give a mess less if he was allowed to welch. Be a man and honor your commitments.

Sorry to rehash this garbage, but everyone rubbing it in, is silly Internet bulle and these boards are better that.

I mean my dog got on my PC and placed a bid. Dang dogs do the craziest things. I can pay you though in about 4 weeks though since I did win the auction if that is ok with you.

Are you really the winner? Congrats if so. In today's market that's a fantastic price, and a very nice 1.0

I would have bid if I didn't already buy mine.

No I didn't win. I will quit being an now towards the OP and I am bored with this thread. Time to let it die since he took a big hit on relisting it.

Ok. C'ya. Buh-bye. :hi:

This is actually not cool. I never hope that someone gets screwed. The OP was wrong for starting the thread, but he did list an item that was bid on and won, he tried to be a nice guy and will now take it in the keister.

For the future don't let friends or family bid for you, and then expect anyone to allow you to welch. This will be the first and last time that the OP makes that mistake.....I hope.

These are all choices an adult made regarding his own property. Those choices can lead to either profit or loss, but they are all things he did to himself.

He chose to list it, then chose not to sell it, then chose to bare his red for the world to see, chose to hide some very important facts about the buyer in an effort besmirch Lemonman and make himself look good.

Some would not call that screwed...some would call that the Karmic Wheel. Sometimes it takes you to wonderful places, sometimes it rolls over you.

Whatever it sells for it sells for, there's no screwing happening, just life lessons. Some are cheap and some aren't. Maybe the seller will have learned something (ANYTHING) from all this, but that might be asking too much.

I will absolutely agree with what you are saying. But it is enough that people are reveling in the fact that he will not get the same price.

From a completely objective viewpoint, the OP allowed the buyer to back out of the deal. From a subjective viewpoint, that occurred after much public complaining and excuses about family members making unauthorized bids. The buyer welched on his win and I could give a mess less if he was allowed to welch. Be a man and honor your commitments.

Sorry to rehash this garbage, but everyone rubbing it in, is silly Internet bulle and these boards are better that.

Did something change around here?

I am almost universally against salt in wounds.

It has to be a rare circumstance to be sure.

But it those wounds are self inflicted and they reside on the middle finger that he's spent the last week waving at the rest of these boards you may find that a lack of compassion is actually a measured and light response.

I find it odd you are annoyed at Lemonman who followed the lead of the OP and was going to pay before the OP erased his debt, but you don't seem to have a problem with the free and reckless relationship the OP seems to have with the truth when speaking on this board.

SImply put, the OP is an unrepentant knob who lied to each and every one of us about the real facts behind what happened and we would have never found out the truth about it unless Lemonman posted the PM's.

You've got a strange definition of Welching. He didn't swindle anyone. He didn't fail to pay a debt either. The OP erased the debt, of his own free will. You can't welch on a debt that doesn't exist.

It's not our fault that the OP then felt stupid for erasing the debt and decided to lie about what really happened to try and create vitriol against Lemonman. By doing so he showed a tremendous disrespect to the members of this board...far more disrespectful then repeating the fact that his choices had real monetary consequences.