• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead Beat Bidder AF 15

3,340 posts in this topic

:gossip: I am highest bidder on the re-list of AF 15.

I can assure you that I have no idea what this has all been about.

I honestly don't know the most basic facts of this controversy except that it involves an eBay transaction, an AF 15, a Boardie with pc in their name, & a Boardie with lemon in their name -- I think.

May I have the AF 15 link, please?

I honestly don't know the most basic facts of this controversy except that it involves an eBay transaction, an AF 15, a Boardie with pc in their name, & a Boardie with lemon in their name -- I think.

Hell NO!!!! You might outbid me

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150689042596

I will end this controversial internet message board sport by winning the AF 15 relist auction.

I will reignite this controversial internet message board sport by immediately offering the AF 15 for sale on the Boards at an inflated BIN.

I will like it & so will the Boards.

I will end this controversial internet message board sport by winning the AF 15 relist auction.

I will reignite this controversial internet message board sport by immediately offering the AF 15 for sale on the Boards at an inflated BIN.

What about my 16K?

^^

If I win it, can you then ship it to someone else because I'm going to flip it right after paying you for it.

Yes I did give lemonhead an out....but the right thing to say was...Im the highest bidder and i'll buy the book. Not ohh just pass it on to the next guy.

You gave him the out and he took it. If you didn't want him to take the out, you never should have offered it. Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

Or rather still is.

Not to mention that it was symptomatic of the forum's mores as a whole, and everyone involved was a dork.

It's a microcosm of the world as we know it.

Indeed, a microcosm within infinity...and beyond!

Speaking for everyone again, hippie?? ;)

Had the seller not offered to let him out of the deal gratuitously, and without request or demand by the Lemonman5, there is no indication that the buyer was not going to pay, pay in full, and pay on time.

You raise an interesting point. There was an agreement formed at the conclusion of the auction. The subsequent attempt to modify the agreement was without consideration from lemonman5. A court might well find that the attempt to modify was unenforceable. Doesn't excuse dickishness.

If I win it, can you then ship it to someone else because I'm going to flip it right after paying you for it.

Of course but you won't win it. I have set a $16K snipe.