• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC - Another take on the Good and the Bad

4 posts in this topic

Now that I actually have some slabbed books, there are a couple of things

about them that I did not foresee ...

The Bad -

They're heavy and bulky! With comics that are bagged, I could walk around and easily carry 50 or 70 books. But slabbed books are heavy. How do people solve this particular problem? I'm thinking of one of those small suitcases on wheels. Seriously.

The Good -

It's pretty nice to be able to see the back covers! With bagged and boarded books, you tend to forget that the book even HAS a back cover. But the slab let's you see the advertisements, which especially for older books, are a hoot:

- an all-in-one cigarette lighter and case! (1951)

- the "Commander" a belt for men's abdomenal support (makes fat people look thin) (1945)

- learn piano the easy way, without music (1946)

- the greatest ball-point pen and billfold bargain in America, only $1.98 (1948)

gozer

---------------------------------------------------

This house has quite a long and colorful history. It was built on an ancient Indian burial ground and was the setting of satanic rituals, witch-burnings, and five John Denver Christmas specials.

The Bad -

They're heavy and bulky! With comics that are bagged, I could walk around and easily carry 50 or 70 books. But slabbed books are heavy. How do people solve this particular problem? I'm thinking of one of those small suitcases on wheels. Seriously.

I can walk around with 50 - 70 CGc books easily confused-smiley-013.gifwink.gif