• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suspect signatures on movie posters on eBay

7 posts in this topic

I would love to be proved wrong, but I thought it my civic duty to warn others that I believe this seller is trying to pass off fake signatures on movie posters. I haven't checked all of the signatures, but here are a couple I am certain are fake:

Batman Begins poster. Check out Rutger Hauer's signature to the left of Batman. Looks very off from his normal sig. Plus, when did Rutger forget how to spell his name? (Notice the lack of the "g" in the sig.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Batman-Begins-DS-Movie-Poster-CAST-SIGNED-Dark-Knight-Rises-Bruce-Wayne-Nolan-/260885083103?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbdf673df

Thor poster. The Stan Lee sig is an obvious fake.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thor-DS-Movie-Poster-CAST-SIGNED-Marvel-Premiere-Avengers-Dark-Knight-Rises-/260878390219?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbd9053cb

These two are enough to make all of the signatures extremely suspect to me. I am looking for any corroboration or, especially, refutation as I certainly don't want to make any false accusations. But my gut is telling me I'm probably right.

Why no pictures that corroborate this?:

"It is labeled hologram, numbered, and stamped by Warner Bros."

That would go a long way toward authenticating what these things actually are, if they are not fake.

Although that does look like Natalie Portman's signature, I can't figure out which one is Tom Hiddleston's sig. And that Stan Lee sig does look like a fake, so they probably are all forgeries. If I was to ever forge a signature, I would have the common sense to not forge a signature onto something with a real signature on it.