• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011, A YEAR NOT TO BE FORGOTTEN --

31 posts in this topic

+1

It's been a great year for me too, I am awaiting a commission from Bob Layton (full cover quality), and full figure CGC SS sketch covers from Gabrielle Dell'Otto and Humberto Ramos :banana: and I've been able to track down Jeff Bridges and Robert Downey JR CGC SS Iron Man books, so for me it's been an AMAZING year! :D

Oh, and I finally got a Frank Miller and Walking Dead cast signed book :D

The friends I have made here have been amazing... I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without you guys.

2011 was a fantastic year in collecting for me. And the year still isn't over!

Hmm... 2011... Playboy signed by Torrie Wilson... 3 books signed by Hugh Jackman... More awesome books on the way back, with some signatures that will surely surprise some people (if I reveal them)... 2011 has been a good year for me.

2011 was a fantastic year for me with regards to my sketch collection. The year of Doom and I mean that in the best way possible. Many people did not like the F.F. Blank when it came out, but for me it was a dream come true . In many ways it is a book and cover for Doom to shine .

I still have a few untouched copies for 2012.

In terms of atrist where do I begin my sigs line shows who I was able to get this Year. The Tim Sale , Bob Layton and Neal Adams covers are my gold Stars for this year but their are many others I am still proud of . Stuart Sayger created two amazing covers a Doom and Pin-Head both of which will star in my sigs line in the near future. Charles Wilson III created two wonderful covers for me a Wolverine and a Doom holding. A broken Cap shield. Both I truly love. The future of the business Clay Mann created a Masterpiece Doom for me that I still gawk at every other day like WoW.

And how could I forget at the Baltimore Con my Wife was able to pick up a true Gem . She got a J Scott Campbell headshot of Enchantress which is to die for. These were just some of the highlights but not all of the amazing achievements of the past eleven months.

Yes 2011 was a great year for me, a great Year.

But I am not alone many board members had an amazing year also.

I can't wait for 2012.

Best wishes to all.

Well thanks to board members like seanfingh, GACollectibles and branget I have started to collect Sig Series stuff and have managed to sub my first group of books. This is a whole side of collecting comics that a year ago I would have never figured to really get involved in and now I am hooked.

My wife though hates everyone involved in getting me into this slightly expensive side of collecting. :)

For me it was a great year so far, my Hulk cgc ss collection has quadrupled ( thats good for me, bad for my wife and bank account) . I got alot of sigs I wanted but alot more I wanted that I missed or couldnt afford.

All in all awesome year, thanks to anyone who has helped me get sigs, and I hope to have as much fun next year with all of you here.

Definitely not a year to be forgotten. Before this year I might have had 3 slabs. Now I'm closing in on 85. At least 25 of those are SS and 9 of them are sketches. I've really stepped back and took a look at my entire collection which is much more than comics and comic art, and tried to dial in to what I wanted to hang on to and what could facilitate a big purchase by selling off probably a fifth of my card collection back in the spring. I plan on continuing to downsize quantity for bigger books and even hope to have my credit cards paid off by the end of December just so I can start next year fresh.

Doesn't hurt that my hobby photography has actually been paying a little, got published in a magazine, and put on the standby list for events in the area. :thumbsup:

None of this however compares to the fact my son will be born sometime in December (2nd child) :whee: The Lord truly blessed me in 2011!

Thanks to all of you that have been on these boards, it's been a lot of interesting conversation, a few good deals, and entertaining to say the least. BRING ON 2012!!

My Neal Adams Green Lantern SS collection has grown

Added a few Sigs to my Spider-man collection

and like Mayor006 I have a child on the way that will take up much of my time but I could not be happier.

:whee:

My Neal Adams Green Lantern SS collection has grown

Added a few Sigs to my Spider-man collection

and like Mayor006 I have a child on the way that will take up much of my time but I could not be happier.

:whee:

Congrats! :thumbsup:

This has been my first year for SS and Sketch Covers and it was an Awesome year, Thanks to several CGC board members, DWC, Menace, Mr. Mylar, NYComics(Sean), Ajl007 and GOTHAMCENTRAL :)

I now have 29 SS books and another 45 still at CGC awaiting grading.

Year 2011 Sketches:

Wolverine Sketch Cover from Whilce Portacio

Avengers Sketch, 4 Mural Covers from Matt Slay : Thanks to Menace

FF#1 Sketch Cover from Steve Epting : Thanks to GOTHAMCENTRAL

Thomas Hodges Star Wars Sketch

Dexter Soy Sketch Cover: Thanks to Mr Mylar

Nester Celario Batman Sketch: Thanks to Ajl007

Nester Celario Star Trek Voyager Sketch: Thanks to Ajl007

Nester Celario Star Wars Sketch: Thanks to Ajl007

Nester Celario FF Sketch: Thanks to Ajl007

As a sketch/signature series collector, what would you like to see done?

I would love to see an Opp that has 2 or 3 Artists work on a single cover, expensive yes, but worth it.

What sketches would you like to see from your fellow creators?

I would love to see a Todd McFarlane Sketch Opp if anyone could manage it.

What blanks will you get, and what will be your focus?

I picked up several of the new Hulk and Wolverine X-men Blanks in hopes for more Sketches :)

If you could change one thing about 2011, what would that be?

I would love to see SS Sketch Covers that are Back & Front, Slabbed with the book open as a 14x20 Slab.

PS. Has anyone heard from GOTHAMCENTRAL, he has not answered emails or PMs in 2 months/